ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have no idea if I have ABS or not.

Can I tell on the brake master cylinder, or is there a bunch of junk on the caliper that I can look for?

1991 Eunos Roadster BRG - NA6CE

I'm lost. Thanks for the help.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
two ways to tell, slam on the brakes while driving, or pop your hook and look to the back left side of the engine bay, right next to the back of the intake manifold.

if you see a metal block with lines coming out of it, you have ABS, if you see the windsheild washer fluid resevior, you dont.

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Quick way to tell...where is your windscreen washer bottle?

If it's near the firewall, no you don't have ABS.

If it is up near the radiator, you might have ABS...at least on a LHD Miata.

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. I need a new brake master cylinder. It didn't pass inspection. And I don't really want to replace it with a re-man...

Sucks though, because I gotta get the booster painted (brake fluid on it) AND I have to tape off some of the fender/firewall area and clean, prime, and clear it. And I figure that I'm doing so much friggen work, I'm going to bend some new hard lines so it doesn't leak out the ports. And I think I'm also going to replace the rotors, and pads, and paint the calipers.... uggggghhhhh!!!! Long ace project before I can drive it :(

Hey, do you know where I can get one for a reasonable price? The company that imported it to canada for me said that an RX7 part might fit, but I don't think so. I tried to look at some rx7 engine bay pics and they look completly different.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The master cylinder itself should be exactly the same as on the same year Mazda Miata. Only the routing of the brake lines is slightly different between RHD and LHD cars.

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought that, so I got a Miata version, and I couldn't figure it out.

How do I know which lines go where?

http://www.motorsports-exchange.com/images/Blue Thunder Build/Picture 068.jpg
http://www.miata.net/hakuna/0049/0007.jpg

In these pictures it looks like the line with the banjo bolt goes to the distro-block, but on mine, the banjo fitting goes somewhere else, and the two other lines goes to the distro-block.

I was thinking about replacing the lines that go to the distro-block with flexible braided stainless lines...if I only knew where they should go if I use a north american version.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'm not familiar with the banjo fitting on my LHD car but then again my car is sitting in a garage 320 miles away from me right now so I can't just pop in for a quick look see. At any rate, the circuits should be the same. The routing the lines take to create each circuit might be slightly different due to packaging but the actual MC units should be identical. Can anyone with a RHD Eunos Roadster chime in on this one?

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really? Cool. Thanks for teaching me that. :) Thumbs up.

I'm really looking forward to the day when I can just look at my engine and know everything about it :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts