ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is interior or exterior or engine issues so I put interior!

So I have been screwing with my AC for a while now. Nothing seems to be working. I have a system out of a 95 car so it is 134a. I just put it into my 91 (which previously worked in my 90) Everything seems the same other than this car didnt have ac to start with. So i moved everything over.

The issue

There is no voltage going to the compressor. So I took a 12v lead and stuck it to it to make it turn on. The system is fully charged with 50 psi. When it kicks on the gauge says 0psi and then when i turn it off it turns back to 50. Im so confused on

A. Why is there no power running through that line to the AC
B. Why on earth does it go to 0?

Thanks guys!XD

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
What do you mean by 50 psi? You need a gauge manifold set that shows low and high side pressures. Have you put a vacuum on the system to make sure there is no leaks? The pressure switch cam cause the compressor clutch to not kick on. Start with that and report back.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by 50 psi?
The gauge on the low side (that I bought with my freon can) says its at "50" I assuming psi.

You need a gauge manifold set that shows low and high side pressures. Have you put a vacuum on the system to make sure there is no leaks? The pressure switch cam cause the compressor clutch to not kick on. Start with that and report back.
I have put vacuum on it and it held for 1 hour and then I took it off with no leaks.

The pressure switch I changed out 3 times but that doesn't seem to be it because the wire going to the compressor isn't getting 12v. But once i put 12v on it it starts working but then the freon reading goes right to 0.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts