ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where theres a guide to removing the ac, I know you have to remove the compressor and lines and such but what is everything that must be done

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
there is an a/c installation pdf floating around m.net. just follow it in reverse. You'll also need a accordion tube inside the dash to replace the a/c thingbob inside the dash, and plugs to plug the firewall where the lines go through.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,125 Posts
Anybody have part numbers for the following:

1. tube in dash
2. Power steering only belt
3. plugs for the firewall

Is there anything I'm missing? :?:
bump.. where did everyone else buy there parts???
Steve, I checked the work order invoice for when my system was taken out. The only parts numbers AIM used were in-house stock codes, I think. You could probably call them and check what they were in specific.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I got my belt from a regular auto parts store, just go in and say you need a power steering belt for a miata without A/C. as for the tube, I just used some dryer vent from home depot and duct taped it in place (it is a duct after all) the firewall plugs are just grommets, I have those ducted over at the moment, but I was planning on shopping for something to plug them up with when it warms up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Don't forget there is a shorter bolt required at the front when removing the A/C bracket. I ordered one at dealer. I believe the m.net inst. show this. Chuck

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's eaassssssyyyy. Just bust out the tools and start disconnecting everything that's associated with the AC, the lines, condenser, dryer, compressor, etc. Mine was already out of freon (leaked out) so I didn't have to go anywhere first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can loosen the lines to the point where the freon leaks..then just leave it a lone or drive around for maybe a day or two then i'll be empty

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just removed everything except the evap unit in the dash over the weekend. It was straight forward and easy. No need to remove the front bumper cover, just the splash tray and the "air director" that is in the nose. 1-2 hours of work, that's all.

If you are taking the compressor bracket off you will need a 50mm long 8x1.25 bolt to replace the bolt that goes into the block from the front of the engine.

I just ordered the following parts from Mazda Motorsports (much cheaper than the stealership prices quoted on Miata.net, about half price):

NA01-61-150A Air duct in dash that replaces evap unit
0187-53-134 Firewall plug
1708-61-031 Firewall plug
0118-56-241 Tranny tunnel drain plug

·
Registered
369 Posts
miatamoto: about how much did you end up paying? Im going to attempt to do this when i put in my slim fans.
Got the 50mm long bolt and a powersteering-only belt at autozone for under $10.

The air duct was $15 from Mazda motorsport and the plugs were between $1-2 each.

One more thing, don't forget to find a washer for the bolt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts