ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing much to mention here, but here are a pair of action shots from the track this weekend. I got reports of pretty drastic front wheel lift on the skid pad, but you can only kind of see it in this pic. And the other is of a little opposite lock on the same turn...

I should have some video footage of passing dave coleman's new to him r32 GTR. Granted it was the first day the car was driven on US soil, and it was on street tires, but I'll leave that part out if I post the vid. :) We got some decent shots of the 2 cars doing tandem drifts late in the afternoon. I'm trying to get them from the camera man now. :D

Matt

Attachments

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
My fan better not be all scratched up from all that irresponsible DRIFTING action. :evil:

(j/k) :lol:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, its the new beast. we decided the last one was too far gone to be resurrected.

It wasn't a drift day. It was a private track day put together by an individual. Drifting isn't allowed at Willow Springs, so what you are seeing on the turn before the front straight is simply power oversteer. ;)

the car has a bad alignment, so i needed to use the brakes to get the car to turn on the faster turns. Car was running 1:33's on streets CW with NT01 tires and 94 hp of fury.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
205/50/15s.

The cage feels awesome. The tires are as sticky as RA1s. They've been heat cycled quite a bit (they are about half done). The car is significantly stiffer than a spec caged car IMO. The guys at AWR know what they are doing...

I think if the car was a little more predictable, there are high 1:31s in it with a stock drivetrain and no more wieghtloss I bet. You can see in one of those pics that the rear has way too much caster under compression. Thats what I get with an eyeballed alignment after putting the a arms back in the car. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts