ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 Mazda Miata
Highlight Silver Metallic
Leather Package (Leather seats, Torsen, cruise, tan top, 15" wheels, BOSE, aero kit..)

Drivetrain/Engine
Custom cold-side intake (vented PCV)
Full synthetic fluids (Mobil1 engine, Redline MTL/MT90 mix trans, Redline 75W90 diff)
Jackson Racing Header
Roadstersport Mid-pipe
Roadstersport3 Muffler
Magnecore Spark Plug Wires
PS and AC belt removed
Adjustable Timing Wheel

Suspension
MSM front ARB
949Racing endlinks
MSM rear springs

Interior
15" Kirkey Pro Street racing seat
NA8 passenger seat
Hard Dog Hard Core Hard Top Double Diagonal M2 roll bar

Exterior
14" Solid spokes (I think) with Dunlop Graspic DS3 Winter tires
15" NB1 Sport wheels with Khumo AST tires
Montego Blue hardtop (soon to be painted silver)

Brakes
NAPA Premium rotors
Hawk HPS pads
SS lines
ATE Super Blue fluid

Waiting to install
MSM revalved Bilsteins, 500/375 springs, FCM bumpstops, CO sleeves
[/list]

Plans
Clear sidemarkers F/R

IMG_6840 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6841 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6843 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6850 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6854 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6852 by acedeuce802, on Flickr[/list]

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just installed my Hawk HPS pads, NAPA Premium rotors, stainless steel lines, and ATE Super Blue fluid! They feel AWESOME after I properly bedded them, the bedding process is fun :lol:

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Dang, that has to be one of the cleanest nb1 bodies I've ever seen! Glad to hear you like that pad and rotor combo. I was actually about to pick up a set myself.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
i have been on the edge about getting a kirkey with a cover for a long time. Seeing these has well sent me over the edge. im getting a kirkey i just need to sit in a few to see which one i like.

what size pant do you wear if you do not mind me asking. and its a 15" so im sure your slender and tall correct?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang, that has to be one of the cleanest nb1 bodies I've ever seen! Glad to hear you like that pad and rotor combo. I was actually about to pick up a set myself.
Thanks! I haven't had a chance to do some severe stops yet, but the pedal feel is really nice so far.

i have been on the edge about getting a kirkey with a cover for a long time. Seeing these has well sent me over the edge. im getting a kirkey i just need to sit in a few to see which one i like.

what size pant do you wear if you do not mind me asking. and its a 15" so im sure your slender and tall correct?
I have a pretty in depth write-up here, as well as some discussion following my post in the thread here. I wear 30" waist, 32" length pants, so yes, fairly tall and slender. I'm about 5'10", 145 lbs. Definitely sit in a (or some) Kirkey seat, because they really need to fit you perfectly to be comfortable.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Homebrew Bilstein setup! Nice. Plans for a cage or bar soon? I think it would compliment the kirkeys nicely.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roll bar will be the next thing. It would have been before the suspension had these not fallen in my lap :) Probably a Hard Dog Hard Core Hard Top Double Diagonal M2.

I'm sending the Bilsteins out tomorrow to get revalved (I work at Bilstein and can get it super cheap), I'll be running 500 lb/in 6" front springs, with 350 lb/in 7" rear springs, modified NB hats, and 36mm FCM bump stops. Plus an MSM front sway.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just going to update this thread tonight haha! I actually just sent the Bilsteins out last night. I haven't been able to send them out until now since I've been SWAMPED with FSAE car prep, but now that both competitions are done I have some relaxing time.

I'm picking up a Hard Dog Ace tomorrow. I would've rather had the Hard Core Double Diagonal, but this popped up for sale today and I think it'll work fine. I know it'll withstand a roll over, since it's 1.75x.120" tubing, the only concern is head height/roll bar height. I think I'll be fine with a Kirkey bolted to the floor. Definitely need to get a passenger seat now.

I also removed the PS/AC belt today. I've never driven a car without PS before (except the FSAE car), and wanted to see how it felt. I love it. So, I'll be removing the pump, draining the system, and looping the lines when I have time.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha I'll look at the write-up again and think about it. What's difference between the two? Not installation wise, but from the steering wheel feedback aspect.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turns out the roll bar I bought was a Hard Dog Sport M1. I just trusted the ad and didn't do enough research. When I heard ACE, I thought that was the name for the Sport bar. Ended up buying a HDHCHTDDM2, what I really wanted in the first place, will be putting that on in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Installed an MSM front anti-roll bar, with 949 Racing endlinks.

I never did post pictures of my rollbar. HDHCHTDDM2

Philly, I'll get better pictures of the sticker for the site once I get my DSLR back :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did you have to modify the trans tunnel at all for that seat and how is it mounted? I just tried them out in a friends car recently and liked them more than I expected...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The car was not modified at all for the seat. I keep forgetting to take detailed pictures of the mounting, but I bought the seat/mounts already fitted for a Miata. There's basically a sheet metal bracket that bolts to the front seat bolts, then a separate bracket that attaches to the rear bolts, and rises up the back of the seat a little. I'll have to get pics sometime.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'm sending the Bilsteins out tomorrow to get revalved (I work at Bilstein and can get it super cheap), I'll be running 500 lb/in 6" front springs, with 350 lb/in 7" rear springs, modified NB hats, and 36mm FCM bump stops. Plus an MSM front sway.
I have a set of brand new MSM bilsteins. I am thinking of putting them on my 01 NB. Did you have your bilsteins revalved for the specific springs?

thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts