ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...NIELEX!

This piece has been The Holy Grail interior piece for me for quite some time and I was finally able to get one from Yahoo Japan recently, even though they have been out of production for years.

It's truly a work of art. Perfectly shaped thick brushed stainless steel fits over the stock plastic console like a glove. This is not a thin piece. I don't know the guage, but the radio surround with the cover on it and all is kinda weighty!

Let me know what you guys think, good or bad.

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
not for me, because im function > form. But at least that interior wont break anymore. Btw I love the rear end of your car

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I kinda liked the black plastic more, but I guess that's just me.

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
It is so ugly you should take it off your car, put in in a box and sent it out of the country.

PM me and I will give my address :)

(looks really good)

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
The best thing about it, IMHO, is that it ties the brushed effect of the '93 LE head unit together with the dash. It probably would not be as effective with a black lump of a head unit sitting in the dash.

BTW Tim, I used to have one of those LE head units, the CD player skipped if you looked at it. How does yours play?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, Chris...and everyone else!

Bob - Luckily, mine plays fine. It has only skipped over a very large bump, but I mainly use an iPod through the cassette player.

There's another LE owner here (I think it's H_C actually) who is working on a way to wire up an AUX in to the MSSS1 silver radio. I hope he can figure it out! I helped him locate the Pioneer schematics for the radio.

Ben, yessir! RS Products! I met with them at Karuizawa and bought some stuff.

You like?

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Wow- that's a lot of shiny! You know what you need now? Those eyeball vents are looking awefully dark now. It's just crying out for some chrome eyeball vents ;)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow- that's a lot of shiny! You know what you need now? Those eyeball vents are looking awefully dark now. It's just crying out for some chrome eyeball vents ;)
Yeah, Randy said the same thing, but that's too much bling.

What I DO have, just not installed yet are the aluminum caps that go on the center knob of the eyeball vents. That'll provide some contrast.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts