ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am asking this because I am looking into making these with a welder/fabricator I know.
These are not copies or rip offs or any of that ****.
If I am not allowed to ask this please delete the post.

They would be a hem joint action upper arm so you can get some better alignment numbers.

Would people here buy this kind of product????
It would be probably like $500 or so for them..

Again, if this was posted in a way CR isnt cool with let me know. I am not trying to be a ****. I am trying to bring an awesome opportunity.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
GREAT idea! I know you can get pretty much EVERYTHING adjustable for 240sx's, but barely anything for Miatas.

I'm no mod or admin, but I see nothing wrong with this thread.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i dont either, but i just dont want to cause an issue.

Yeah, these would be dope. I will most likely do them for me, but I figured I could get them out to the public to if it goes well..

-Jeff

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope to get them rolling in November. I have a weekend in mexico and 3 drift comps in October.

I will have a set fabbed and then see what the deal is with them.

Just wanted to see if people would give some what of a commitment if they turn out legit..

-Jeff

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
OK, I am asking this because I am looking into making these with a welder/fabricator I know.
These are not copies or rip offs or any of that ****.
If I am not allowed to ask this please delete the post.
Well, a leeeetle touchy here, aren't we? ;););)

Anyways sounds like a great idea... if you can make them with double articulated arms, you could alter the caster at will as well as the camber. Check out my doodle

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha ha Yaw thats nice but it is too rich for my blood. Thanks for the pic though. gives me better i deas and I find out what cost would be like.

That thing is sweet. Just too pricey..

I will see what I can do..

-Jeff

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is this just to get more adjustability out of the eccentrics?

What I'd like to see (if it's even at all possible, due to room) is a kit to raise the suspension's mounting points or even a lowering spindle (ala minitrucks). Lowering without changing geometry FTMFW!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was an idea just to have more camber adjustability.
That way put the caster wherever and then you can still change the camber to where you like.

I will look inro a lower arm also. Maybe be able to adjust caster also.

I wasnt personally worried about the bottom, but if its feasible I may try to have it done.

Not having to worry about hitting a rock or bump throwing off the eccentric bolts would be nice.

I'll try to see whats up. An affordable upper off the bat would be cool with me though..

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
cool link, Bill. Thanks.

for the price, its actually cheap for what you get considering it probably includes bushings and it includes installation.

But I agree, front uppers is all I'd "need" at this point. Depending on the design and ultimate price, I'd definately be interested...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dam Bill you are quick with the hardcore stuff.

I like all off it and can afford none.

Thats why I am looking into just a simpler and effective way to do this. Oh, and cheaper of course.

We will see what happens..

-Jeff

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
3,857 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I plan to have mine work well and not be crazy expensive..

It wont be JDM tight yo, but it will work well...

Thanks for the replies guys!!

-Jeff

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Also keep in mind that these will need more frequent inspection and replacement intervals. My friend Ben at Kaplhenke Racing has been designing adjustable everything for Volvos and we're always doing product testing and inspection, conscious of the fact that someone could crash and die if something screws up. It's one thing to make something for yourself, it's another thing to make product for other people. Liability can be a real bitch. I recall a few close calls. It's funny - everytime we merge onto the freeway in his dragon wagon he's halfway on the verge hitting every single pothole at 70mph. I'm like "Dude! WTF are you doing?!" and he replies "Product testing."

1 - 20 of 31 Posts