ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant be the only one to think of this but ive been researching miata fitment for months since i got mine and ive never seen it mentioned. Think about it, in order to clear wider and/or lower offset wheels you need to camber in. To do that you adjust the cams to bring the lower arm OUT. Seems to me like moving the bottom of the wheel out seems like an inefficient way to move the top in. By the time you get fender clearance up top the camber is insane. What if you used an adjustable upper arm to just bring the top in? I feel like you could then clear without having to run crazy camber. Has this been tried before? Does it not make enough of a difference to matter?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
most people with low offset will pull the crap out of the fenders or use flares. If your tires are maxed out and won't fit, get new tires. Now that you mentioned I never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You mean like these?

You can also get offset bushings to give you some extra camber adjustment but I don't think that there's any way to pull the top of the wheel in without pushing the bottom out and adding more camber as you're suggesting. Actually, I'm not sure I follow your whole moving things in/out logic but I'm sure someone with more suspension knowledge will chime in.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
haha lovely, narrower track so I can fit skinny tires with well over 3* of camber. Good luck doing anything inspiring with the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts