ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i need some more camber on my mx5 to allow the wheels i've just fitted to clear the arches. My questions is which eccentric bolt on the front and rear adjust the camber? I would have thought both would need to be moved the same to give camber and keep the toe in etc relatively accurate. I won't be able to have a full geometry setup for a couple of weeks, so would like to keep the settings sort of ok ish and mainly adjust a little more camber if this is possible. I've been told to adjust the camber on the front that it's only the bolt for the wishbone which is nearest the centre of the wheel?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Evan.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, yeah i would do that but haven't really got the money to do so at the moment.

Evan.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Have you got any alignment related tools to attempt this? (camber/caster gauges, tools to measure alignment) I guarantee you that it will be wrong if you've not done it before and don't have any tools to measure your adjustments. A shop that knows MX-5s is probably your best option, but here's the how-to guide on alignment and camber/caster adjustment.

http://www.miata.net/garage/alignment/index.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any alignment tools for this, it was just going to be a temporary adjustment until i can get the car to have a full geometry setup. Thanks for the link, is very helpful.

Evan.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If you like your tires, I would strongly stay away from doing a quick alignment with no type of gauges. To answer your actual question, both of the adjusting bolts in the lower control arm adjust the camber.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i do like my tyres but will be getting some TOYO T1r's in the new year. And thanks for your help, i thought it would be both bolts for the front and rear.

Evan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts