ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm slowly getting all the parts I need for turbo and I'm not ready to install but I thought it would be fun to take a look at the down pipe situation. It's a HKS top mount manifold with a t25 turbo. I got the custom tight elbow from Sturovo on mt.net. It's a 3 inch bell mouth tapered to 2.5". The mid pipe is a cat-less RB 2.4" pipe w/stock muffler. I want to stick with stock muffler for now and perhaps indefinitely as I want to be considerate to my neighbors and my ears. Looking for some feed back. Goal is 7psi for now and maybe up to a little over 200whp down the line with supporting mods.

So hmm. Should I weld a flang onto the elbow, then make a 2.5" down pipe that connects to the 2.4 RB pipe? Weld a 2.5 inch pipe onto the elbow and connect via flange to the RB pipe? Should I maybe even have a flex pipe? Do I remember right that the MSM down pipe is 2 1/4? Should I try to get that and mod it to fit?.. Options options options.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
You should sell that shitty setup to someone else and spend $750 with FM and get parts that work.

Or yeah, like you said, get someone else to weld a pipe to connect to your midpipe. I'm not really sure what the question here is. Don't go any smaller than you need to.

·
Administrator
15,320 Posts
Why......? You spent the money for a turbo and a megasquirt...

Why are you messing around with any stock exhaust stuff? I can't brain that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why......? You spent the money for a turbo and a megasquirt...

Why are you messing around with any stock exhaust stuff? I can't brain that.
You must have misread. I am looking to make a 2.5" connection from the 2.5" elbow to the 2.4" RB mid-pipe. That is enough for my power goals and from what I read, for my power goals, a stock muffler is fine.

The picture above is so I have an idea of what kind of pipe will need to be made.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're talking about my muffler it's because I want to keep it as quiet as possible and I'd rather not spend another 200 on a muffler then possibly spend another $100 to ship to Hawaii. " want to stick with stock muffler for now and perhaps indefinitely as I want to be considerate to my neighbors and my ears."
Since I'm shooting for 7psi, I can always pony up for a more free flowing muffler when I want more power and at that point I'll need another bunch of supporting mods to my budget set up.

·
Administrator
15,320 Posts
So you're messing with stock exhaust crap, which is an awful idea.

Is your goal 7psi or 200hp?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
waste of time.
And why is that? We all have our budget dude.
So you're messing with stock exhaust crap, which is an awful idea.

Is your goal 7psi or 200hp?
My goal for a year is 7psi AND stay at around 160's so I can stick with my stock clutch. I've read that one can tune the car conservatively in order to keep the power down. If I go for 200whp it will have to be next year and at that point I can put more money into it. I'm hoping to learn MS by the end of summer then throw on the turbo stuff. At this point I'm on a very tight budget so I really am not trying to spend more money on more power or more room for power. My goal is 160whp for now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i got a down pipe and mid pipe that is catless from the dude i bought my kit from to a jackson racing catback and the car is quiet unless you get one it, but sounds good , the exhaust is all 2.5in

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Bottle necking a turbo exhaust is a great idea.
Please continue to mess around with stock parts.
Everyone else will continue to remove their stock parts and replace them with useful, gain making, aftermarket parks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got a down pipe and mid pipe that is catless from the dude i bought my kit from to a jackson racing catback and the car is quiet unless you get one it, but sounds good , the exhaust is all 2.5in
are you turbo?

If you're on a tight budget you should have bought an fpr and msd box.
I guess even moderators are trolls. Yea I shelled out big for the msp, I totaly over did it but I'm rolling with it cause I'm looking forward to learning how it all works. Are you here to actually give input or just attack me? the discussion has to do with downpipe setup.
Bottle necking a turbo exhaust is a great idea.
Please continue to mess around with stock parts.
Everyone else will continue to remove their stock parts and replace them with useful, gain making, aftermarket parks.
i really hope you will be racing your car.

·
Administrator
15,320 Posts
What does racing have to do with it? I don't get it. Any of it. It's like you pride yourself on making bad decisions and getting mad when they're questioned.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts