ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
I'm not fucking whining. People are saying my set up is **** but aren't explaining the reason for it other than not being optimal so I'm asking for proof because I perhaps I'm wrong and missing something. I come for advice but have been met with empty attacks. All I asked for was some input on the downpipe wtf. It's more like if I ever try to use parts that are slightly less than maximum optimal, don't ask or be flamed.
You aren't doing things the "right" way. So people are going to tell you that you are wrong.

YOU DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM. WHY ARE YOU STILL FIGHTING?

Seriously though Hawaii was still part of america last time I checked, free country do your own thing.

Edit: also everything I quoted is whining. You literally whined about not whining.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You aren't doing things the "right" way. So people are going to tell you that you are wrong.

YOU DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM. WHY ARE YOU STILL FIGHTING?

Seriously though Hawaii was still part of america last time I checked, free country do your own thing.

Edit: also everything I quoted is whining. You literally whined about not whining.
This isn't whining, it's a debate. People said my set up is ****, I'd like to know why my set for 160whp is ****. This is a public forum which statements can be made but at the same time one has a right to question those beliefs. That's what I'm doing. you are mistaking whining for public debate.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
160whp on a VVT motor? Why don't you skip the turbo?

MS, header, ITBs (or true cold air intake if you can't afford ITBs), head shave, head port match, adjustable exhaust cam gear, good exhaust, and good tune will get you that or at least close. Bonus points for A/C and P/S delete, +1mm valves, Maruha cams, lightweight alt and WP pullies, and a coolant reroute which isn't needed but is always good with more power.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
...... and a coolant reroute which isn't needed but is always good with more power.

He doesn't need a coolant reroute with a vvt 01-05 motor thanks to Mazda fixing the coolant paths from the factory. :)

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
He doesn't need a coolant reroute with a vvt 01-05 motor thanks to Mazda fixing the coolant paths from the factory. :)
Pfffffft - do you know one? Cause this isn't true at all. Mazda put a band-aid on the problem by using a different head gasket...they didn't fix it.

Before my reroute, my #4 cylinder ran hotter than the other three. After it, all 4 ran at a uniform temperature. Mazda definitely did not fix the problem.

·
Administrator
15,319 Posts
I thought the t25 will hit max psi by 3k rpm's. Not sure how much difference but I understand that my nb2 with higher compression will give slightly better spool.

I just want to add, I'm up to all constructive criticism so feel free to continue in that regard but just clarify, I was originally trying to get feed back a downpipe setup. I'm now looking into flexpipes and bracing so I'll do my research but feel free to chip in.
A T25 CAN hit "max psi" by 3krpms. To get that to happen, a few things need to happen. You're doing your damndest to make sure that they don't.

Carry on. You don't actually want advice or input.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Pfffffft - do you know one? Cause this isn't true at all. Mazda put a band-aid on the problem by using a different head gasket...they didn't fix it.

Before my reroute, my #4 cylinder ran hotter than the other three. After it, all 4 ran at a uniform temperature. Mazda definitely did not fix the problem.
What was your set up at the time and and how much hotter?

A T25 CAN hit "max psi" by 3krpms. To get that to happen, a few things need to happen. You're doing your damndest to make sure that they don't.

Carry on. You don't actually want advice or input.
Are you talking about a couple hundred rpms?

160whp on a VVT motor? Why don't you skip the turbo?

MS, header, ITBs (or true cold air intake if you can't afford ITBs), head shave, head port match, adjustable exhaust cam gear, good exhaust, and good tune will get you that or at least close. Bonus points for A/C and P/S delete, +1mm valves, Maruha cams, lightweight alt and WP pullies, and a coolant reroute which isn't needed but is always good with more power.
Thanks for your advice so here's the thing. I've already deleted the ac and picked up a spare steering rack to depower and will do that by summer. The plan is to try it out with the 15x9's on rivals I'm getting from a friend and if it runs well on the street and autocross, I'll keep it.

On the case of staying n/a, you make a compelling argument but there's one big issue for me, which is that I plan to move Back to Japan in three years after I get my masters and was hoping to take the ms3 with me, so I didn't want to make changes which canot be reversed with stock ecu.. But ****, now that I think about it, taking the ms3 to Japan is not a very solid reason to want to go turbo.. But 200whp is still on the horizon but you gave me some food for thought.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

My memory must have turn to absolute mush because i could have swore this to be true....or is it you use a different head gasket(99-00) with the 01-05 block? :dunno: i am mucking it up so i promise this will be my last post in this cluster mess. :suicide: My apologies, no soup for me!

·
Administrator
15,319 Posts
On the case of staying n/a, you make a compelling argument but there's one big issue for me, which is that I plan to move Back to Japan in three years after I get my masters and was hoping to take the ms3 with me, so I didn't want to make changes which canot be reversed with stock ecu.. But ****, now that I think about it, taking the ms3 to Japan is not a very solid reason to want to go turbo.. But 200whp is still on the horizon but you gave me some food for thought.
What? No really... What?

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,269 Posts
This thread in a nutshell:

Cold Air Intake!!

I have this in my garage.

I have this in my backyard. (Hi mom!)

Which means I can put this to better use.

I was bequeathed this when my grandmother passed away. (RIP, NaNa)

I traded some authentic SSRs for this.

Extensive eBay and Google searches have been a godsend and led me to this.

These are cheap.

Which leads me to my only question. Which clamp is better? This...

...or this?

So far I have everything needed but have only made it thus far. I know for a fact that the clamp is the lynch pin to this entire project.

I don't know if it matters or not but I originally started my quest picking the brains of the experts but was, for reasons unknown to me, banned from there.

https://behindthechair.com/forum/listthreads.aspx?TID=132

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,269 Posts
Doesn't matter what you say or think.

I forgot to mention that this is the only solution to my cold air intake and has to work as this is what is within my budget.

I asked about clamps and I don't need a reminder of the physics class I never took nor care to comprehend.

You sound like the people over at the behindthechair.com forum.

I came here, after being banned, to be respected and I expect the same of you.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts