ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if there is a tuner that just sells the AE101/AE111 ITB manifold for a NA6C?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'd love to find the same for a 1.8 myself. If anyone has any leads I'd love to hear 'em. I'll even loan out my set for a flange template if needed.

·
1,213 Posts
Hey i was wondering if there is a tuner that just sells the AE101/AE111 ITB manifold for a NA6C?
R S Aizawa produce the best looking plus independant fuel rail - VERT nice but the most expensive as far as I am aware

Freedom ( E&E ) produce one - part of a kit and can be purchased with or without their ECU but support only in Japanese :)

Jubiride also sell a complete kit or just the manifold ( all minus ECU )

Air horns can be got from Jubiride / Toms / techno toy racing ( USA ) and a few others

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys what's the difference between AE101 and AE111? Is the AE111 the manifold for what we call here as the toyota black top engine and the AE 101 the toyota silver top? Just asking because there's a lot of those engines here and a manifold for the silver top can be bought for $120 - 150 only. :) Now all you need is the manifold conversion, fuel rail and engine management unit.

·
1,213 Posts
the Ae111's have a larger bore and will suck in a larger volume of air and as far as I am aware are only really suitable for engines with heavily modified internals to handle the results ...

AE101's are fine for most applications ... if you need AE111's you will most probably know this !!!

·
1,213 Posts
yeah, they have had it listed for a while but they mention it is in development which I find confusing as Jubiride have made this for ages ( or so I thought !!? )

as far as my research goes ( and I have no links with FujiRacing ) is that the most economical and easy route to go with IRTB's is to get the FR kit with subcon ECU and run it until you have saved up for a stand alone and dyno time / tuning ...

if you don't speak Japanese I think the Freedom / E&E ECU is just too much of a risk for the financial outlay ... if you were desperate for using AE101's and have entirely stock internals then the Freedom kit + ECU with a supplied base map would do the trick for the cheapest outlay

going with the Jubiride kit ( either direct or via AR ) will involve you suppling the ECU and tuning and the costs will start to add up

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'd love to find the same for a 1.8 myself. If anyone has any leads I'd love to hear 'em. I'll even loan out my set for a flange template if needed.
Why not just get the jubride kit from Eddie? I am sure he can get it without the TBs (since you have those already) then you need an ECU.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
About a year ago Adrenaline racing quoted me something like $1000 for a Jubiride shorty intake manifold adapter for AE101 throttles. It was then that I realized I was fooling myself if I thought I could do a better job or save money by piecing together a kit on my own. If you want inexpensive go Fuji Racing. You'll be much happier in the long run. I've run the numbers and no matter how cheap you think you can get used AE101 throttles for on eBay I've found it's just not worth it (financially) to do it yourself and I've even got access to a full machine shop. If you're paying someone else to do the fabrication work for you then forget about it. Now if you're looking for a project that will suck lots of time and money, piss you off, have your car off the road for an indefinite period of time, and provide lots educational opportunities then DIY makes sense. There are more Roadster manifold options available for the DCOE pattern.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Why not just get the jubride kit from Eddie? I am sure he can get it without the TBs (since you have those already) then you need an ECU.
,...because $$$, that's why. ;)

Worse comes to worst, i'll have one machined locally, i can't see it costing more than 3-400 bucks. I've seen 'em done for other cars.

... my only current confusion is why I 'have' to use an external rail. I don't see why i can't use the Toyota fittings/sidefeed injectors. Provided I keep the adapter short, and port the AWFUL toyota flange, I think it'd be simpler to keep what's there, even if it does shroud the injector somewhat. Anyone care to shatter my worldview?

...and back on topic, if I have this made for myself, would anyone be interested in purchasing any more, cost dependent? I wouldn't be looking to expand into 30 different lines, but 1.8s at least would get done.

·
Registered
902 Posts
The top one looks like the AE101-111 Toyota Corolla style. Bottom picture looks like the TWM type with the longer runners. Good pictures to see the difference.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
The top pic. could also be a Jenvey In-Mani.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does fuji racing just sell the IRTB kit with no piggy back ecu? Because i have a megasquirt that my brother tuned for his ITB on his AE. So i am planning to run his map since both engines are 1.6.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,617 Posts
Does fuji racing just sell the IRTB kit with no piggy back ecu? Because i have a megasquirt that my brother tuned for his ITB on his AE. So i am planning to run his map since both engines are 1.6.
I'll bet you $10 you'll still have tuning to do. No two cars (even of the same model) work exactly the same, and the fact that "both engines are 1.6" means absolutely nothing. Honestly, don't be surprised.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts