ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these? Are they good quality? Pieces of crap?

www.aerodramatics.com

Im not really a fan of the chrome mirrors so much, at least not on my car, these seem to be priced just right for my cheap self.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so yeah I used THE search button, and found that they are great for the price so I just bought them. I should have done that in the first place, but whatever. chalk another 2 posts up for me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
465 Posts
hmm those look alot like mine that i got from moss motors. if they are the same ones they will need some tweaking to get to work how you want them but they are functional once you do mess with them. personally the ones i got didnt fit the factory holes on my NA so i had to widen a few of them (mainly the center hole wasnt big enough). other than that they can be unscrewed so i would recommend some form of sealing glue to make them more permanent and so they stay put on bumpy roads and/or if someone bumps into them. quality wise they are very light and dont feel like much, basic enough for some mirrors as you would expect but just need slight tweaking to get to work right. so if you dont mind making it a afternoon project and really want the look id say go for it. if you want something you can bolt on and have no problems id say stay away.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my research on their website and miata.net, I found they are the same ones sold at moss, I think the mirror assemblies are universal and AD makes the mounting arms and plates, moss distributes them. but you can still buy direct and save a few buxx so I did.

Thanks for the heads up on the installation, Ill keep that stuff in mind.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I had the ones from Moss, and they suck. Couldn't ever get the passenger side to adjust enough to see out of it, and the damn things kept coming loose and flopped down, and then finally some drunkards (I assume) ripped them off and threw them around the parking lot.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've heard that Nathan is sssllllloooooowwwwwwww in shipping. I got some of the needle caps off one of his eBay sales. Shipping was nice and fast... so take it for what its worth.

As for cost, yeah theirs looks pretty good. You can get CF mirrors all over the place, but you'd have to fab your own mounting.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
The Areo Dramatics are a decent set of mirrors. But If you want a bolt up plug a play version you would have to go to Craftsquare Japan, otherwise, i think these are the only stateside version of CF mirrors on the market. My friend has the AD versions on his 99, he is selling them for some 1028 mirrors if you aint made the purchase yet. :wink: You might be able to get his on the cheap. :wink:

I used to own a set of Craftsquare CF Touring mirrors, they are just sick, but madd cash too (about double the price of Aerodramatics. However the quality is 110% spot on work of art, and vision is actually better than stock IMHO, and they are twice as wide as the Aerodramatics version so you have no blind spot. :mrgreen:

Aerodramatics
http://www.aerodramatics.com/img/mirror3.jpg

Craftsquare
http://www.craftsquare.co.jp/tc_works_roadstar.html

PhatMiata

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friend has the AD versions on his 99, he is selling them for some 1028 mirrors if you aint made the purchase yet. :wink: You might be able to get his on the cheap. :wink: PhatMiata
blast! my anxious ass ordered them last night. ](*,) oh well, i still think its a pretty good deal for cf mirrors.

on the other hand, i finally decided on a wheel size and still cant decide on which ones to get. #-o

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Craftsquares owns! the aerodramatics/ Moss arent even in the same league. They are just generic motorcycle mirrors mounted on a shined up flat stock.

If you want to go cheap, just buy those same motorcycle mirrors from Chaparral ($54 a pair when I bought them a few years back) and cut your own flat stock out for the base.... Adjustment is a real PITA. And I had to bend the pass side mirror stem to get sufficient angle back. (I'm about 5'8" or 5'9" on a good day ;), so I sit somewhat forward)

·
3,542 Posts
Those long-arm ones were originally designed for the NB, but Zoom has them available for the NA as well, not sure if they're exactly the same base. At first I thought they were a bit too funky, but it works on their demo car!

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Re: Zoom CF mirrors

Hey, first post and all that. \:D/ Since we've run off on a Zoom tangent, I'll just ask a couple of questions...
Do they need for the lenses to be swapped for proper LHD use, like the Runabout mirrors, or are they good as is?
Also, where can I source these stateside? I'd guess RSpeed offhand, but leads would be nice. They're just soooo sexy I can't help myself.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Us scource? well, Rspeed deals with them, but Zoom will ship directly from Japan. Shipping on a set of mirrors wouldn't be too bad probably in the $20-30 range for the "slow boat from china" method.

There's also a forum admin here named retrorocket who can get them for you for 10% over the cost shipped to you.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just got the aerodramatics mirrors today in the mail. I ordered them real late thursday night so thats a pretty impressive turnaround.

Anyways, I gotta do my homework on how to properly remove the power mirrors without just cutting wires, I would go install them today but its a torrential downpour outside right now.

I may add some locking washers or rubber washers to the assembly to try and avoid them coming loose like some of you said, but I would have to say they look pretty good.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
installed the mirrors today, have to say they look pretty sweet installed and so far so good, they arent coming loose yet after about 40 miles. Im sure Ill probably shake them loose this weekend at the autocross.

Took a little adjusting to get the view just right, but I guess since I have my seat back as far as it can go I dont really have any issues with not being able to see out of them.

I can see why theyre only $130 though. like you guys said it just doesnt have the fit and finish of the craftsquares or the zooms, but I would say they are worth the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts