ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ebay is sometimes quite fine, i just got the door latches & lock-knobs & chrome-cups from aerodramatics (davincicustoms) for just 60bucks, when they are by me (germany), they would have cost me about 102$ after shipping/import- & custom-fee, thats a lovely price o think :D

·
Supreme Supporter
291 Posts
I, too, purchased the 3 items to dress up the interior door handle assembly. Unfortunately, I thought that inventing new pins for the chrome handle to pivot on was going to be the frustrating part. I drilled out and removed the original rivet/ hinge pins that secured the plastic handle and used some sawed off screws that fit wonderfully in their place.

Put it all back together, and after about 2 or 3 pulls, discovered that the clip that attaches the rod to the handle would not stay in the hole at the bottom of the chrome handle.

So this past weekend, I've been fiddling with the set up. The fix 3.0 is now holding - as of two days and counting... Fix 3.0 includes using two, small zip ties that strategically hold the clip to the handle, but still allow the rod and clip to rotate as the handle moves through its motion. The other part of the fix includes cutting the thick plastic moisture barrier from behind that area of the door and taping it down with some strong HVAC mastic tape (aluminum with unbelieveable sticky on it!). I also shimmed the handle further away from the door assy by using two thin washers on the 3 screws that hold the assembly to the door. All of this was done to give the rod the clearance it needs to rotate and not hit the inner door panel. The metal, chrome handle pushed the rod closer to the metal, inner panel and would cause the plastic clip to bind up and snap apart.

Nice looking. Looks GREAT. Feels heavy - like a M. Benz inside door handle should feel.

Just like a lot of these little improvements and mods we make -- you have to do some of the engineering to make it right. Still worth the 70 bucks or so I spent on eBay. But, I think I would have done a little better job of figuring it all out to make all the customers more happy with the product's installation.

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it takes Nathan (aka Aerodramatics) a while to get around to emails. He's a busy guy.
but ähm... no problem, in the moment i got another little problem, after changing my suspension from an 115thmiles oem-shocks with suckin g&m springs to koni newstyle sportkit (koni yellow with springs) with fcm shockmounts & bumpstops

i ruined my threads for the lower shockmount-bolts, meant that they were rotted by rust. my mechanic who wanted to do the alignment thought he had to do me something good and tightened all bolts at the suspension with the torquewrench, though he overturned the shockmountsthreads in the rear lowerarms

but luck in unluck ;) i got a pair of lower reararms from an accidented nb-model with only 15tm on it for 180bucks, they look as new and the will fit

so, another day with lost ellbowgrease ;)

i hope i could do a perfect alignment next week, in the moment it feels like wheels running apart :(

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yesterday i got a mail from him, the parts are packed and shipped - yes!

i think about 2 weeks, then i would be grining ;)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
He told me mine shipped a month ago but I still haven't seen them and he hasn't been responding to my emails. Might be time to talk to ebay.

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes and dont forget the period you could make an alert at ebay, i donno how many weeks it is, but hurry, if youre too late, you could not do anything more

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeah, looks like I waiteda day too long. Oh well, here's to hoping he responds. ANyone out there who knows a better way to get in contact with him let me know.

·
1,213 Posts
to be honest, if someone is too busy to ship out goods you have won fair and squarely on ebay how did they manage to find the time to post the listing on ebay in the first place !!?

waiting weeks for items you have paid for ( unless delays are clearly stated in the listing ) is really not good enough ...

·
Registered
156 Posts
He told me mine shipped a month ago but I still haven't seen them and he hasn't been responding to my emails. Might be time to talk to ebay.
This doesn't seem typical... I've "won" a few items from him on ebay and always received them within days. Recently I received my ebay needle caps in 4 days from auction.

IRB.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeah, I've purchased from him before and it was really fast, but this time i think it has fallen through the cracks. I really don't want to be out the $75 for thelock buttons and door cups.

I'm already past the ebay greivance deadline, so I'm looking for other options to get my parts.

I would rather have the parts than the money back.

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my deadline is in good 3 weeks, i will wait two more weeks and then i talk to ebay, i think it is a bit lousy, if i sell parts over ebay and wait and wait and wait till i send the parts to the customers i couldn´t sleep at night

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Finally Heard back From Nathan on Wednesday. Checked the tracking today and they arrived at the post office this morning, so hopefully I'll have those handles on tomorrow!

Edit: They're Here!!!

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pmd him at m.net - got 2 replys, he meant he had send the package short after my paypal-invoice, so he dont know where the package is left and ship out a new one :(

ok, the deadline goes on (time is running), only 2 weeks left, next weekend i will talk to ebay, its not funny, these are things that make me a little bit angry last time. ok, sometimes something unknown could happen - but i dont think that i am living in the twilight-zone. and patience is my second-name, but the last time more of those things happened. i am still waiting for a set of bumpstops which i have ordered for a friend 8! weeks before, i dont know whats wrong with them :|

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
I've never had a problem with Nathan, I won all the parts over 3-4 months on ebay as well and shipping was always fairly quick that I remember. I had one problem with the chrome on the door cups and he sent out another new set right away so I wouldn't worry about him ripping you off!

Shipping is slow overseas, took about 10 days to get my stuff from Germany and then I don't know how your Customs work (I was stationed in Stuttgart before but my mail always came via U.S. post).

Take a breath, they'll get there and they are worth the wait!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts