ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm sorry for posting a bunch of threads here lately concerning my car problems, but I think I've finally got it nailed down. You see, here lately I'll be driving my car and it will cut off. Now when I say cut off, I mean the engine will be on (while in motion) but the car gets no gas when I push the throttle. The RPMs go straight to the bottom of the gauge. When the car comes to a stop, everything dies and the car won't start back up. Usually, this happens after a turn or hitting a bump in the road.

Now yesterday, when I was trying to figure out what's going on, I noticed that pushing on the AFM (car's a 1990) will cause the engine to either flutter or die. Upon trying to start it back up, it gives me problems...the same ones I find myself facing on the side of the road. Eventually I got it nailed down so that a good tap will cut the engine off. I'm 99% positive that this is what's happening when I take a good turn or I hit a bump.

Now my question is, what exactly do you think would be causing this? Could it be possibly a bad wire in the pigtail leading to the AFM, or could simply replacing the AFM do the trick? I'm also thinking there might be bad connections in the clockspring area inside the AFM itself. Thanks for reading and helping me out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts