ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search first and found a few options, but I'm looking for a reasonably priced aftermarket key blank for my '91 Miata.

While the Pole Position and Silhouette keys are awesome, they're a bit out of my "key budget." I'd like to spend $30 or less, replicas welcome.

First question, my key is a MZ-27 - are there any other sizes that will work? (Or any cars that we know of that share the blank?)

Second question, or I guess request - show me some cool aftermarket keys and/or buying sources. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Call the Mazda dealer- mine gives us a 20% off discount.
I ordered one for my '91

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call the Mazda dealer- mine gives us a 20% off discount.
I ordered one for my '91
Looking for aftermarket, but thanks!

Pole position used to be $30. I have the Silhouette in gold, it's pretty dope
I like the Pole Position, but it's $60 before shipping. The Silhouette's are nice and I may end up with one, but it's still $40 before shipping.

i believe the blank is h7, but i'm not 100%
Haven't seen H7 yet, I have seen: MZ17, MZ27, H65, X-188, X-222. Although don't quote me on accuracy of those, just what I've read.

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the top one is available here in the US for $19.95 on mmmiata, bottom one is stock Eunos key (which I'm sure you know already.)

I may just end up with a Royal Clover one, either the Pole Position or the Silhouette, just wanted to see what else people had (if anything.)

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ended up buying these, lightweight titanium key blanks.

Also going to get some of the Royal Clover Silhouettes.

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Company is called Ultralite and they are out of Italy. I was planning on using the purple and gold, may sell the others. Have to think on it though, it'd be cool to have them all. :)

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I've been told they are discontinued.

Here is the company info:

Silca S.p.A.
Via Podgora 20 Z.I.
31029 Vittorio Veneto (TV) Italy
Tel. +39 0438 9136
Fax +39 0438 913800
e-mail: [email protected]

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is my correspondance. (Riveting, I know.)

Are you able to get more of these keys? I ordered one colored set of the MZ-17 Ultralite titanium blanks. I'd like to order multiple sets if possible.

Thanks!
Ryan

Hello,
Unfortunately the keys were on closeout and we are unable to get more. Sorry.

Rachel

I will be selling the green, red and blue keys if anyone is interested in them. I'll post a For Sale thread soon, but just to give you guys a heads up.

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pm'ed you. Just so everyone knows, pricing will be at $20 each, includes shipping.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts