ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a used top from a salvage yard to replace my thrashed factory top. It's a really great top with the frame, looks almost brand new. The glass window doesn't unzip like my factory plastic one did, but for 200 bucks I couldn't pass it up.

My problem is that I cannot get the frame to bolt in all the way, I can only get one hole out of the three on each side to line up with the body holes. It's like the top needs to lie down flatter on the rear deck so the other holes will line up, but I push it down as flat as I can, and I'm not even close to making the other holes line up. Also when I fold the top down, the glass window doesn't lie down very flat.

The top was pulled off another NA, so there shouldn't be any difference in the body's??? The only difference I've noticed is that the new top has a bar you have to push forward to fold the top down, as where my factory top did not have this bar.

Any insight why I can't get this thing to bolt up, or anyone have an aftermarket glass window top in a 92 NA with the same issue?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently there is a notch on each bracket that has to sit on a stud that's kind of hidden down inside the body. I didn't have the top sitting on those studs, so nothing was lining up. Everything is good now, and I cleaned out my drain tubes while the top was back off, so that's one PITA job done :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts