ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever run aftermarket disks with oem pressure plates? I've done it before on other cars but never on a miata. Input?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
could you be any more vague? not all aftermarket discs are performance discs. not all aftermarket pressure plates are stronger than oem. obviously you're not going to use a stock pressure plate on an unsprung racing clutch with like an 8 pound flywheel... but if you go on cheeseBay and buy some F1 garbage pressure plate for your F1 racing clutch and think its mad power brah and your feeble oem pressure plate wont work, well then you need NOS, two of the big ones. and tell harry that you need them by tonight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um thanks for the dickhead response... What i usually do is buy an ACT 6 puck sprung disk and run an oem pressure plate. Guess I could have added more details, but oh well. I don't plan on making much power, just a stock 1.8 with a t25 at 8psi.

so basically what i want to use is the stock PP, stock flywheel, and a act 6 puck sprung disk.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yes i think you could do that......but

i would just go with a full set.like f1 or act.... youll get better response out of same brand equipment..and i dont know y your hating on f1. there a good cheap brand.
not every one has thousands of dollors...

im running a f1 stage 2 clutch,plate,and 8lbs lighter fly....its a great set up relible but im also not drifting it every corner of acting like a pissed off honda driver/nascar.... i dont abuse my clutch so....
i dont know how they are for drifting tho... or doing real dmg on clutch like street drag will.

·
Registered
370 Posts
By... "just t25 with 8psi" do you mean forever? I'm of the opinion to go overkill on a clutch so it's easy for improvement on power without having to pull the trans again. I went with a flyin miata stage 1 clutch on a stock flywheel, and it's pretty much the ****. Well worth every penny spent. Stock pedal feel, but amazingly grabby and no chatter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yeah im sure ill want more, BUT to be honest, ive owned much faster cars and the miata is just my daily, so i just want it a little more exciting between drives in my projects. ill check out the FM kit and see what i like then!

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
^Sounds like you got your answer. This thread is just ready to get **** on, so I'm closing it (at my discretion).

Just fyi - if Laguna96 was being a ****, you brought it upon yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.