ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 that was in a front end collision. both air bags blew. i decided not to replace them anymore and im wondering if i install the 3.3 ohm resistor, will it stop the air bag light from staying on? or does the collision have impact on the air bag light defeat?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would think that the light would stay on because the sensor on the front of the car is broken
how many times does it flash that will tell you what is going on

Or pull bulb out and roll on

·
Registered
747 Posts
If it's 10 flashes and then a break, a sensor is dead. An airbag light defeat won't do anything.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, i might just pull the bulb. it doesnt flash, just stays on. and no point replacing if i dont intend on using air bags anymore right? thanks guys!! :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
If it's a constant light the resistor might work. I have one I'm not using anymore and plugs into the stock harness. Let me know if you want it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't know if the sensors in the front are 'one time use' but I wouldn't think so unless they were physically crushed.

May as well give it a shot, a pack of resistors is only a few dollars.

·
Supporting Member
356 Posts
Unsure if its the same as my 90' but if the bulbs blown/ missing a buzzer in the air bag module will go off.

Remove the modules

done, and free

·
Supporting Member
356 Posts
I don't know if the sensors in the front are 'one time use' but I wouldn't think so unless they were physically crushed.

May as well give it a shot, a pack of resistors is only a few dollars.
Once they are tripped they are done.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts