ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the ones that MOSS carries? I'm thinking about getting one...

·
Registered
239 Posts
hmm the description of what a splitter does on that page seem a little odd... i though splitters were aerodynamically beneficial, and not just to "protect your bumper"

·
Mufasa in Training
32,850 Posts
I'd think to be truly beneficial, they'd have to be adjustable. Maybe that's why it's more for protection than aero.

As a homemade alternative, you can check out RevLimiter's neat Splitter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yo snig,

did you get yours from MOSS? I heard they have a carbon fiber one.....

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Thanks for the link Bryan!

Didn't someone start offering an NA splitter a month or two ago? Perhaps DDM? By the way, I'm on my 2nd one. I destroyed my first one on a big cardboard box I couldn't avoid. Thanks to the splitter, not a mark was left on my paint.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
the moss one isn't big enough to really offer any performance gain.

I'm having APR performance make one for my new nose. They'll custom do one for you if you want. ALl you need to do is sent them the outline.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
price of carbon has been going up signficantly recently. (cost on raw materials has gone up 3 fold in the last 7-9 mos)

my guess is $300s? not sure as mine was locked in before material cost went up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:55 pm]price of carbon has been going up signficantly recently. (cost on raw materials has gone up 3 fold in the last 7-9 mos)

geesus....thats an arm and a leg....I probably will just get the plastic one from MOSS then..

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Tim has one from DDm that is Aluminum painted black, it freaking bad ass!! It is for use with the stock R-Pkg front spoiler

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've searched the DDM Works website for info re: the NA R-package splitter with no luck. Can anyone provide info, pics, or the price of the splitter?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:55 pm]price of carbon has been going up signficantly recently. (cost on raw materials has gone up 3 fold in the last 7-9 mos)

geesus....thats an arm and a leg....I probably will just get the plastic one from MOSS then..
well, the difference is the APR one will be functional. It will enclose the bottom of the car and attach to the frame. It will extend a couple inches beyond the nose and be able to withstand a lot of pressure. Which the Moss one can niether handle or create.

real performance vs performance look I guess...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts