ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, what do you think about these mirrors? i could get them for 150 bucks, they are brand-new and were made for an alfaromeo montreal built 77, i think they are a little bit too flat but i cold be wrong, perhaps they would look fantastic (i even want the mirrors from zoom, they are lookin a bit the same way), plz help me

·
4,436 Posts
Hmmm, those look like real alfa's - are they stamped on the back of the mirrors?

You will need bases to mount correctly - I have these on my tater from KG Works (bad shot below). If they are 100% authentic - that is a good buy - but mounting them may be an issue. Buy em!

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thx, if thats yours - i got them ;)

i had seen yours (i love the pitcrew nose espesially yours, if it wouldnt be so much expensive to get this to germany AND over the german TÜV i would have the nose ;)) and searching a long time for such a shape here in germany, and these were the first i said "ok - looks fine"

they are original and have the stamp, i got more pics from the buyer

the base should be no problem, i have a lathe and a little milling-machine and some peices of aircraft-aluminium and i learned toolmaker and mechanical engineering (i do it not at work though i am "early pensioner" since ´99 in fact of my chronical illness)

*edit*
ok, i did a little research, the upper mirrors are NOT original, they are replikas

but i found 3 other seller who have the ORIGINAL montreal-mirrors with the alfaromeo stamp and they are new, too - the best is the price: a pair 79? or 99$ - ooh, thats fine!

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi, i think this should not be a problem. in which time you are in france? (sorry, my english isn´t the best ;)) there should be a way to manage this

·
Banned
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, i had a little birthday stress yesterday, i just got a pair of these mirrors for 82$ incl shipping, that is a hot price

should i look to get a pair for you at ebay, too and if i got some i give them your adress in france and you pay to them?

M

·
0 Posts
hey, i had a little birthday stress yesterday, i just got a pair of these mirrors for 82$ incl shipping, that is a hot price

should i look to get a pair for you at ebay, too and if i got some i give them your adress in france and you pay to them?
Hey Michael,

Please see if you can find me a set also!

Bill

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Replica Montreal mirrors; GB£25 each here:
http://www.classicalfa.com/shop/category48_1.htm
Seems fishy they don't use a photo of the real part. Are these replicas or originals?
Er, what did I say? Replica. By definition, any new part for a 30 year old Alfa will have to be a replica part, since Fiat don't actually make it any more. You can't even buy new Alfa body parts for a 15 year old 33.....

If you actually managed to track down new-old stock Montreal mirrors, which I imagine will be in very short supply (and probably tarnished anyhow), I would imagine they would be very expensive.

This supplier is well known in the Alfa community. I see loads of American Miata parts suppliers not bothering with photos, but I don't automatically think they're on the take.

In any case, why would someone be that bothered to fit genuine Alfa mirrors to a Mazda. It ain't an Alfas-Romeo, like its not a Lotus.

Why don't you ask them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts