ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I searched through the forum but I'm not really finding the answer I'm looking for...

When I took my car in for alignment (bone stock), they were able to adjust everything back to oem specs, except for my passenger front right caster.

My front left is at 3.7*

I guess the specified range is 3.4* to 5.4*. Mine was at 2.7* and they couldn't adjust it at all.

Do I have a bent lower arm? bent shocks? bad alignment bolt?

I have plans to install coilovers, new ball joints, and tie rod ends and possibly bushings... I just want to make sure I am taking care of the issue when I'm rebuilding the suspension...

thanks guys,
Benny

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have plans to install coilovers, new ball joints, and tie rod ends and possibly bushings... I just want to make sure I am taking care of the issue when I'm rebuilding the suspension...
Can't really chime in on your caster issue, but if you're going to get coilovers then go to a shop who knows what they're doing. The **** I heard when I installed mine....

"too low, can't get on the ramp"
"you're going to need a camber kit"
"I think I can do this...."

I'm not even slammed or anything, just dropped a few inches.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why couldn't they adjust it? Why didnt you ask them? They should have been able to see why they couldn't. It could be a number of things. It would be best to ask the people who worked on it and have seen it rather asking people on a forum who run negative double digit camber on their dailys.
lol.. thanks I started laughing because your avatar was matching what you just posted.

It was late when I went to get an alignment... (ball joint had popped out earlier).

They didn't really give me an reason why they couldn't adjust it..... time for a different shop I guess!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I found my problem.... shouldn't the "washer" be inside the bracket? :fp:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The shop I work at doesn't do modified vehicles with any sort of warranty. Since your car is bone stock it may just be that the right front has been tweaked a bit. I wouldn't worry too much about caster. If you really want to figure out bent parts check out SAI and IA. (steering axis inclination and Included angle)

Once I finally get my suspension how I want it I plan to take mine to the local miata shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts