ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What better way to cure a hangover then to paint parts of your car. Testing out different liveries before I get it finalized.

After finishing everything up, I decided to paint just top part of the side pods to give it continuation.

Who doesn't?

I'd figure I better hurry before somone else does it first :)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Concept looks good. I like the black headlight lids. Are you going to keep it flat black or are you going to have it professionally painted?

·
Mufasa in Training
33,009 Posts
That looks pretty cool :)

If I may offer some advice...are you going to paint the little strip between the trunklid and the back of the cockpit?

I wish I had a "normal" colored car so I don't feel like an arsehat for painting body panels!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
If you go that route, dont forget to paint the little panel between the frankenstien bolts black too ;)

I cant quite bring myself to take the spray can to my hardtop just yet. I do know I want the windshield surround black when I get a black soft top so its inevitable.....

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Go with satin black, looks 10x better than flat black.

Unless you want the gloss black look, thats cool too.

99% of the time I see something painted flat black, its all splotchy.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
May I also suggest that you paint the rear finish panel black too?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Great job...I'm really digging the look!

As for everyone's question about FLAT or GLOSS black...personally, I think the FLAT is the way to go. I'm planning on doing that to my hardtop too...guess you beat me to it! LOL

Vewy Nice, Vewy Nice...!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bunch of big ballers on this website getting new paint jobs. I wish I could afford to get a new paint job.
FREEDOM...that's why you should look into the ROLLER METHOD...hehehe

Cost you next to nothing but alot of time...but, I consider that quality time so you & your car gets to know each other better. Okay...I think I need help!!! LOL

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys!

The rear panel will get painted also.

For those wondering, I sanded down the OEM white with 220 grit paper. Coated it once, sanded, then final. I used Krylon Semi-Flat because the trunk lid was still glossy black, but after painting the top and hood, the trunk was still too glossy, so i just painted it also.

It costs me a toal of $37 bucks for paint and misc crap. The hardest part was masking off everything!

·
1,213 Posts
nice look ... I would personally leave the barn doors white as it creates a nice shape at the front with the shape of the bonnet ( hood ) defined more ...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts