ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so as I finish packing for my deployment I plan on leaving my car at the body shop. I just wanted to know how you guys felt about the paint scheme currently on my car. I've grown to like the bits and parts on the car that are black now and really like the the contrast it has however a couple of my friends think I should paint the whole car flat black and If I do that maybe I'll go with bronze or nickel 6ul's. I know I've chosen on shaving the belt line...that much I know for sure and If I keep it silver do I paint the A-pillar flat black also?

I'm not sure which image host will post pics rather then just links but if you guys fill me in I'll post them up so they can be viewed easier rather then clicking a link. All of the pics I was gonna post are in my album so please feel free to view them from there and send your input, it would gladly be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Looking to do the F117 schema? :)

I assume your in the Military? Best wishes and thanks for being out their man.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking to do the F117 schema? :)

I assume your in the Military? Best wishes and thanks for being out their man.
I like the silver and black, but hey I'm a bit biased haha. In for pics of the shaved belt line though
Yes I'm in the military (army) but not particular wanting to go flat back for that reason lol

I've gotta another thread about people to post there previous experience while deploy and plan on using my hero2 to get as much video as possible so I can share with you guys when I return.

I'll definitely post pics of the car once finish in about a month or two

·
Registered
359 Posts
Do what you want, but flat black is gross and overdone.

Why not some cool, different shade of silver? This darker FD silver would look nice. Forgot the name.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Flat black is gross. Satin blacks can be nice if a certain amount of sheen is left. I've personally really started to like satin clears over strong pearls or metallics. It makes for a bitchin effect when the light hits. If I wanted a darker satin color, I'd look into find a nice metallic gunmetal, one that is vibrant and shiny w/ metal flakes in it, then throw a satin clear over it. Just make sure they don't make the clear too matte.

I personally really want to do either a bright pearl satin white, a deep candy red over a high depth gold, or just chrome the whole car. One of these days...

Of course all these crazy paint schemes cost more money than a normal paint job though. I guess it depends on what your looking to spend.

You're car looked nice for a silver car though. I personally don't like silver cars, I think they look bland. Yours I liked. The black accents really made the car look aggressive.

You should post pictures up in the original post, probably help people make up their mind.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok So I have decided on a silver of some kind and a satin black...don't want to go to far from the original because I'd rather not have to paint the engine bay as well but if I do I could always use a rustoleum or a textured paint of some kind. The third gen paint in the pic above is pretty sweet but it's a little dark for me.

The question now is to paint the APR carbon mirrors as there the only thing thats carbon fiber on the car and do I paint the a-pillar satin black or silver?

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Man I'm thinking about painting the a-pillar satin black. I think it'll look good. Kinda brings to mind how the Eagle Talon was painted from the factory. I always thought those looked sharp painted that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts