Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

what do you think of these washer bottles?

They replace the standard plastic bottle and relocate under the windscreen.

comments welcome.

cheers
Dan

·
Registered
858 Posts
I like that as a potential alternative to the No-Pro Cappucino bottle. Is there any kind of o-ring or seal on the screw-cap to prevent fluid potentially sloshing/spilling?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Very cool,Interested myself,No prices on the site though for them?,Got a RHD JDM car so should fit my car.
Is it straight in the hole and what do you need to do to fit it ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
In for results on how well it works with the cap... looks to be a complete seal. There is a potential for an issue with it being sealed and then trying to pump fluid out of an air tight container. I've been looking into fabricating my own reservoir for my water/air IC and coolant overflow but can't exactly figure out whether to make the cap air tight or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys - thanks for the positive comments.

ive got left hand drive (see below) and right hand drive available.

they are good for relocating the OEM bottle to free up room in the engine bay especially if you have a hot turbo sitting there - ive melted many plastic water bottles before getting these made.

Im a member from a UK MX5 Nutz forum (MX5 Dan) where ive sold 50+ of these bottles (RHD) and have now started selling Left hand drive versions after a number of USA chaps wanted them.

If you are interested in one please email me or message on here.

[email protected]

they can be bought in Kit form (Washer bottle, pump, wiring, connectors) for £80 plus delivery
or just the water bottle itself for £70 plus delivery.

There is no rubber seal in the cap as that creates an air lock preventing the pump from being able to work properly.

Here is my Business Demo Car with them fitted :)

I run a small Intercooler company in the UK supplying alloy parts including Mx5 Intercooler kits.
Here is my old demo car (mk1) new demo car getting turbo'd soon :)

cheers
Dan

cheers
Dan

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can also vouch for this man. He's a good dude and trader here in the UK!

What im confused about though is that my bottle is on the other side.. so does this mean i need the new bottle on my driver side and flip the hoses round on the bonnet?

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
This looks pretty cool! But I believe need to become a vendor/sponsor to even advertise your own products on here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This looks pretty cool! But I believe need to become a vendor/sponsor to even advertise your own products on here.
thanks Morr.

ive enquired about becoming a vendor on here but Tim didnt get back to me despite chasing a few times.

Im happy to do whats necessary to become an approved seller if someone lets me know whats required.

Im a long standing member on Mx5 Nutz in the uk with thousands of posts and great reputation so this shouldnt be an issue .

regards
Dan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can also vouch for this man. He's a good dude and trader here in the UK!

What im confused about though is that my bottle is on the other side.. so does this mean i need the new bottle on my driver side and flip the hoses round on the bonnet?
Hey Minto.

Have you got a LHD or RHD car? and which bottle did you order?
if it was a while back then it would have been a RHD version.

they are both the same setup in theory, just flipped /reversed depending on car.

regards
Dan

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.