ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready for an ITB setup and I want to remove the plastic resevoirs for the coolant and windshield washers, replace them with smaller aluminum ones and move them to the driver side.
Any suggestions on aluminum canisters that would replace the coolant an washer ones. I dont want anything expensive.
TIA

·
Registered
902 Posts
How soon do you need one? I should have our FujiRacing JDM aluminum oil catch cans available in about 6 weeks since they are coming directly from Japan and we will release the details as we get closer and hope to be cheaper than the other quality JDM Oil catch cans out in the U.S. market.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
98 Posts
Im getting ready for an ITB setup and I want to remove the plastic resevoirs for the coolant and windshield washers, replace them with smaller aluminum ones and move them to the driver side.
Any suggestions on aluminum canisters that would replace the coolant an washer ones. I dont want anything expensive.
TIA

The New 5zigen pro Racer oil catch cans. $120 shipped. Not to cheap but quality is topnotch. Available NOW.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
How soon do you need one? I should have our FujiRacing JDM aluminum oil catch cans available in about 6 weeks since they are coming directly from Japan and we will release the details as we get closer and hope to be cheaper than the other quality JDM Oil catch cans out in the U.S. market.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

Jimmy, do you have any pictures of yours, maybe a prototype mounted on your car?

·
Registered
902 Posts

Jimmy
FujiRacing

Jimmy, do you have any pictures of yours, maybe a prototype mounted on your car?
No picture yet but if you go to www.fuji-racing.com and click on IRTB and then IRTB parts you'll see the Greddy catch can that I sell and it will be modeled after that style. We will be offering 2 sizes and they will be small. If I decide to get one airmailed then I will have it in about a week.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im gonna go with eBay ones to keep with my theme...:)

·
Supporting Member
177 Posts
quality? lightness?

its a can. it holds oil or water...you can use a coke can and put a fitting on it..stupid light and made from space age aluminum!!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:19 pm]I've got the Trust one. The thing is a brick. Its nice looking, but I think it could be lighter...
Matt-That's what we have in mind small & light. We looked at what was out there and decided on the Greddy/Trust style because we like the look.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Jimmy, you should definitely look into coolant overflow tanks and some sort of washer fluid tank that can be mounted behind in that area above/behind the firewall (cowl area....if my brain is working correctly...).
Pretty sure those would sell quite well considering the amount of guys on here who love both clean engine bays and the minimalist look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jimmy, will you include a filter with the kit? I am interested. I am presently using a black plastic potato chip containter with a filter from a Summit catch can I purchased. The Summit catch can was to tall to fit easily. The info. from summit had it much shorter. In the 3 months I have had catch can it has only collected 2 or 3 drops, so I like the small can idea. However, for road racers I think I saw that some groups have a minimum size requirement, but could be wrong. Chuck

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Jimmy, you should definitely look into coolant overflow tanks and some sort of washer fluid tank that can be mounted behind in that area above/behind the firewall (cowl area....if my brain is working correctly...).
Pretty sure those would sell quite well considering the amount of guys on here who love both clean engine bays and the minimalist look.
+1 on this idea.

The cans I've seen people use have come from off-road racer shops or shifter carts shops.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Well Tim, if thats the case, I guess I should start shopping on shifter cart or OR race sites; b/c I want a nice clean engine bay long before I pickup the MS PnP ecu or IRTBs.

Thanks for that bit of info.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Well Tim, if thats the case, I guess I should start shopping on shifter cart or OR race sites; b/c I want a nice clean engine bay long before I pickup the MS PnP ecu or IRTBs.

Thanks for that bit of info.
No don't do that. Stay with the vendors on this site because I am sure that me or others on this site will try to make what you want. But I will have to say many of those race part places have some good stuff. Tim next time we get together I want to go over your idea. Don't worry about your brain because now you know what it feels like to have JET LAG! I've gone Round Trip about 100 times from FL-Japan and I can never ever get used to it. takes a full week for me to get back on schedule.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Jimmy, get crackin' on it then! LOL
I'm in no huge rush though. I do know that once my engine is back in I'm going to wish/want to do a wire tuck and clean up the mess and make the engine bay look clean/euro.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts