ClubRoadster.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I ams not a normal human
1,204 Posts
Dang, that sucks.

Who the hell thinks texting and driving is a good idea? I know there were shitty drivers before cellphones, but sometimes I think cars should be legally required to broadcast a signal that jams them within a 5' radius any time the engine is running.

·
I ams not a normal human
1,204 Posts
They absolutely make jammers like this - giving you a "cone of silence". I would like nothing better than to find a cell phone driver and drive right next to them till I see them put the phone down.

http://www.thesignaljammer.com/categories/Portable-Cell-Phone-Jammers/
Reading the reviews, I am struck by how many narcissistic assholes want to use those jammers to end people's phone calls in public places. It's one thing to make it work within the confines of a moving vehicle, but nobody has a right to remove someone else's cellphone service 30' away inside a restaurant.

Based on that, I suspect these things won't be legal to use for much longer.

·
I ams not a normal human
1,204 Posts
i'm tempted to buy one of these now to get people off their cellphones when they come into my store
If you own the store, and don't want people on their phones there, that doesn't bother me, so long as the effective range doesn't extend outside your store.

But some **** on the patio at Trudy's who just doesn't want other people talking around him in a public place would be stepping on some boundaries by using one of those jammers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.