ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a few years since my last thread here at club roadster, and i have been through a few different models now like, NC - two NA and a 2004 Mazdaspeed.

I sold my 1989 Miata some years ago, bought the Mazdaspeed model and though i would be happy with that. But all the time really regretting that i sold the first gen. Feel that i had something going on there and it was actually produced in Hiroshima on my birthday.

I sold the Mazdaspeed when our daughter was born, didn't think i would have a Miata in a while.

But hey, half a year later i bought a white 1991 Miata that had been standing still i barn for 8 years.

Done alot of changes and work too the car over a year, so i will make a little bigger post next time :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome back :D

On the way home from last owner, he had to sell the car because he was sick. He was working at an lockal Mazda dealership before we got sick and taken good care of the car. alot of oem parts and so on. He just wanted to get rid of everything he had, so i had to come down later on an fill up my trailer with parts.. Engine, gearbox, interior parts, exterior parts,

50/50 pic after som love to the paint

Could see that the clutch master had been leaking down the firewall, so ordered master, slave and new hose.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new ruber to the windows

Overhaul of the gearshifter, and some modification of the cheap shortshifter. Made my own version of the topp so the OEM gaskets would fit. also made to types, on stock length and one long with tilt.

Put in a new boot, old one had done its job.

Installed my english made KG-work gaug pods copies in glasfiber

Then i had to do some boring work, i had to set the car back to stock to get the car approved and road legal. Good opportunity to modefy the setup the way i want things.
Painted the intake and valvecover til wrinkel black, the turbo as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tig welded the cracked oem manifold and almost ready

Bought a Mazdaspeed radiator panel from Yahoo japan, so when i got it i installed it and went to the get the car approved. Got a few faults, a wheel bearing and almost every ball joint :blaugh:

a few days later i went back to the shop and got the car approved. :haiguyths: :ibtl:

Then the fun part begin! remount the turbo kit! i was so ready to drive the car with the turbo kit installed, and wanted the car to be done in time for the Norwegian Mazda miata/mx5 sommer trip. So the turbo kit was installed the same day, just making new exhaust and intercooler piping left.
So this is the same day the car was approved, long day in the garage

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,200 Posts
Looks good. I spy with my little eye, a PhillyB sticker. I like how you waited until after your approval visit to put the stickers on (or did you?).

How often do you have to have a car approved there? Is it a one-time deal when you first buy the vehicle, or every year or so? Just thinking what a pain it would be to keep taking the turbo kit off and putting it back on if the latter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did wait until after the approvel hehe. The build is still not at the point where it is today, so there are a few more changes around there.

-Own build re-route on coolent
-Exhaust
-Intercooler piping
-Oilcooler
- Interior and exterior bits :)

We have to approve the car every 2 year, but removing the turbo kit and the other stuff is one evening so its not a big problem. But of course it is boring, so at some point i will try to get the car legal with the turbo kit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will Slampen pampen.

So the exhaust! I built the downpipe with separate wg pipe that branched into the downpipe further down. 2.5 inches all the way back with a flame retardant and a muffler. 240Z style exhaust trim :haiguyths:

Mounted my 1.8 sport brakediskes and Maruha brakes.

Made 2.5 inch intercooler piping with silicone hoses in each end, and som air ducting

At one point I also got hold of the Flyin miata swaybar, so got hooked on this beauty. Helped a lot with oem suspension

and a few sexy interior parts. Zoom eng. konsoll and RS switch

TR.Lane dobble hoop, bit of cutting. smashing and drilling

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
here we also see that i have bought two Lotus Elise Seats and a Subaru Nardi steeringwheel if i remember correct. Elise seats is mounted on some home made brackets.

and this is the latest buy for the car, so happy and looking forward to get it installed
MeisterR and Frog arms

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
More fantastic updates! Another idea I will have to borrow with the modification to swap out different height shifters! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) i think it was a good idea, kind of nice too be have the option to choose. With the last modification that i did this weekend its easyer to change as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fitted the MeisterR coilovers, what a fun job. Love to change parts on the Miata, so easy.

Lifted the car up on jackstands and started right away, removed the OEM shocks and put them away to the next approval of the car.

Rear mounted, nothing spesial to do here. Yeah i know, i need to do some work on the control arms. Want to change bushings some time in the future and paint the arms.

In front i remove the long bolt to change the coilovers, easy and fast way to do it.

on its way up to be bolted in place.

Jack the arms up to ground position and tighten everything up.

Painted the boss frog's

And then, center console delete for more room, made the carpet myself off an old shelf carpet.

and a pic of the engine bay before the new coilovers was mounted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello again.
Been a little while since I've been here, trying to read some of the threads here too. Difficulty getting priority for a longer time working on the car, with work and family taking most of the time. But there is some progress now and then.

At first, mount Boss Frog arms and at the same time some rust was removed under the tectyl. Painted with rust protection and paint, plus tectylated again.

After that i mounted the Karbonfiber wings on the rear fender and test mounted the TRAP spoiler

Changed the end tip of the exhaust again.

Little unsure, to mount the TRAP spoiler or keep the stock one

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The biggest change was from oem suspention to MeisterR, but the frog arms made the car even more stable to drive. Tightend the front end up, can realy feel it when you drive over hight differenses on the road and turn in. Recommend :D

Bolt on and easy install.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts