ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
I'd imagine with Boss Frog being out of business that the arms are hard to find. I'd like to install a set of those or the GarageStar ones some time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, have to buy something used. Or if you are lucky as I and got hold of the new ones in the box but traded privately.

It is up to several company who deliver similar arms today, so its not a problem. As you say, GarageStar.
Flyin miata (Paco motorsport that looks insane!)
V8roadster
Ultra racing

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi :) :haiguyths:

long time again with no updates, but i have been working on the car now and then.
- I have installed the Trap spoiler and added som stickers.
- Made my own Reroute kit for the cooling system.
- Pressure tested the Intercooler system
- Bought an wastegate actuator from HKS
- Bought and mounted Toyo Proxies TR1 195.50.15
- Painted another valvecover.
- Installed belt inserts on the driver Lotus seat and Willians 4 point belt.
- Made my own stiffening of the differential

so following alot of pictures :bouncin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Pressuretesting and added an port for wastgate closer to TB

Cleaned the blowoff valve

Small gear sound with the roof up and this bracket installed, but not possible to hear with the roof down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Reroute kit :) Made of oem materials, a pipe and an adapter i made with a lathe.

And then the only a few days old picture of the new painted valvecover

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Making excellent progress!! The double hoop roll bar has always been one of my favorites. :) Love the custom subframe brace/ppf brace, very cool! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks! :D I am very pleased with the progress and the double hoop is delicious. Only thing that annoys me is that they are not in the center of the center of the seat.

My greatest wish for the future is to find what I need of parts to mount power steering , i like the clean enginebay without it, but I prefer it when it comes to daily driving

So i passed 200k mils today, celebrated the new HKS WG clock. So happy with it, before the HKS one i used the stock clock with a strong spring attached. It worked, but gave me a little bumpy regulation when reaching set point and and tended to fall off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got hold of a KG.works instrument panel for NB in wood, I don't have NB nor the sense of wood. But otherwise there is a lots of good parts on the panel, so I decided to modify it to fit NA. Made new aluminum cover and moved over the instrument rings and indicator lights

Still some work left to do, Sometime in the future (Winter) I will buy instrument discs from Revlimiter, and ad tekst to the indicators.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks 😎 i went with carbon fiber, because the finish on the aluminium front was not so nice. A few deep scraches, so the carbon fiber is a foil that i put on.
'' Cheated a bit ''

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Are the light indicators metal and glass or plastic? I had two different KG panels and one had plastic indicators and the other metal/glass indicators and metal block.

Apparently the earlier ones were metal and the later/recent ones plastic, cant really tell without having in hand and or removing but the plastic ones definitely feel cheap...at least they don't look it.

Revlimiter gauges next? If so which ones?

I have a set of Garage5 gauge rings that I need to pick up the glass from Revlimiter but will wait till I get a customized set of his F1 gauges. I bought a piece of carbon fiber sheet to do a custom NB2 overlay, I love carbon fiber!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Ok, i did not know that they was deliverd in plastic as well. The three panels that i have had throgh the years have been glass. This last panel as well.

Correct Revlimiter about gauges next, i have trouble with decide about which panel, all of them are cool. I think i will go for 1028, i like them a lot but one part of me want custom Sunstom gauges in white not yellow.

Good choice aboute the F1 gauges, what do you want to custom? And the carbon fiber is so cool, if i had done it again i would have done the real carbon fiber. I had alumnium on the shelf and was going to paint it black, but then i had carbon fiber vinyl on the shelf too. So i gave it a go 🙂

21 - 35 of 35 Posts