ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent more hours working under my miata than most miata owners have spend driving their cars but after 10+ years of ownership and TONS of money and sweat I realized that I have started growing out of it. So last NYE I went ahead and bought this:

which can do this

http://vid15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/BLAGUNA/IMG_7267_zpscz7hpyvi.mp4

and now my Laguna Blue is left alone at the far end of the garage :( been started up and driven once every couple of months...

I want to keep it but logic says that having 4 cars, 1 trailer and a liter bike is kind of too much baggage for one single person... so one of these days I'll probably man up and start parting it out or sell it as a whole car (which will obviously bring less money).

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol v10 miata would be fun...

Not sure what I can ask for the miata...here is what I have spent in the last couple of years (I'm not an idiot _ I obviously know that I won't recover much but just saying):

($12K) 2.0 FM stroker probably just 3-5K miles on the motor (need to check)
This motor is capable of 800+ HP, dynode at 335whp as is with no lag
($1,3K) 949 racing clutch with two set of disks
-one set for miata transmission
-another set for Tremec T5z
($1,5K)-Bulletprof T5z transmission
($2K) GT2560 Begi S4 manifold and DP
($1K) Track Dog Racing IC modified for V-mount
(???) 1000 cc injectors dynamics
($1,5K) Racelogic Traction Control
($1,5K) Autokonexion Kevlar widebody
($4,5K) Koni 3011 double adjustable with floating perches
($2K) APR bi-plane wing (top element CF lower Aluminum)
($1K) Sparco Roadster Seats color matched to the interior
($0.75K) Stage 21 JDM hood
($1K) Projector headlights (Hella) with flush mount headlights (two sets - don't ask why I'm not even sure why)
($0.8K) 15x8 ET Sportmax wheels with Toyo R-S3 (almost new)
($2.2K) 15x10 949 Racing wheels with Hoosier A6 tires (40% life left)
($2.2K) 15x10 949 Racing wheels with Goodyear tires (30% life left)
($0.5K) Tow hitch+Harbor freight trailer with 12" wheels (built new) modified to carry 8 wheels and tires along with 3x E85 containers
Wilwood proportional valve
($0.5K) Wildwood big brakes (not installed yet - still in the box)
($0.5K) Aluminum triangular brace from japan (carvin) with modified brake booster brace
($0.5K) SS custom two piece exhaust which can be used as straight (exiting behind the driver) or with full exhaust with to tips
radio delete
SS handles
($1K) Hardtop
Low profile locking hardtop latches (JDM)
($4K) paintjob 4 years ago, still have left over paint to respray any areas that need attention - like the hairline crack in the front fenders
The car has 133K miles and clear title (no accidents)

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just cracked the windshield of the Gallardo, called the dealer and they need $6,033.56 for replacement!
Lol probably I can sell my FM stroker to fund the new windshield

·
Registered
39 Posts
lol v10 miata would be fun...

Not sure what I can ask for the miata...here is what I have spent in the last couple of years (I'm not an idiot _ I obviously know that I won't recover much but just saying):

($12K) 2.0 FM stroker probably just 3-5K miles on the motor (need to check)
This motor is capable of 800+ HP, dynode at 335whp as is with no lag
($1,3K) 949 racing clutch with two set of disks
-one set for miata transmission
-another set for Tremec T5z
($1,5K)-Bulletprof T5z transmission
($2K) GT2560 Begi S4 manifold and DP
($1K) Track Dog Racing IC modified for V-mount
(???) 1000 cc injectors dynamics
($1,5K) Racelogic Traction Control
($1,5K) Autokonexion Kevlar widebody
($4,5K) Koni 3011 double adjustable with floating perches
($2K) APR bi-plane wing (top element CF lower Aluminum)
($1K) Sparco Roadster Seats color matched to the interior
($0.75K) Stage 21 JDM hood
($1K) Projector headlights (Hella) with flush mount headlights (two sets - don't ask why I'm not even sure why)
($0.8K) 15x8 ET Sportmax wheels with Toyo R-S3 (almost new)
($2.2K) 15x10 949 Racing wheels with Hoosier A6 tires (40% life left)
($2.2K) 15x10 949 Racing wheels with Goodyear tires (30% life left)
($0.5K) Tow hitch+Harbor freight trailer with 12" wheels (built new) modified to carry 8 wheels and tires along with 3x E85 containers
Wilwood proportional valve
($0.5K) Wildwood big brakes (not installed yet - still in the box)
($0.5K) Aluminum triangular brace from japan (carvin) with modified brake booster brace
($0.5K) SS custom two piece exhaust which can be used as straight (exiting behind the driver) or with full exhaust with to tips
radio delete
SS handles
($1K) Hardtop
Low profile locking hardtop latches (JDM)
($4K) paintjob 4 years ago, still have left over paint to respray any areas that need attention - like the hairline crack in the front fenders
The car has 133K miles and clear title (no accidents)
I bet you can get $800 or $900 for it! :phillyb:

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
$2200 for 6ULS's with tires!?

If you ever need parts, please let me know. You're getting hosed man!

Anyways, congrats on the purchase. Make sure you start saving now for the repairs. You know as well as anyone that they aren't going to be cheap. I've seen a few guys (me being one of them) buy themselves an exotic/european sports car thinking they got a great deal, only to realize later that the cost to maintain it isn't as fun as driving it.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$2200 for 6ULS's with tires!?

If you ever need parts, please let me know. You're getting hosed man!

Anyways, congrats on the purchase. Make sure you start saving now for the repairs. You know as well as anyone that they aren't going to be cheap. I've seen a few guys (me being one of them) buy themselves an exotic/european sports car thinking they got a great deal, only to realize later that the cost to maintain it isn't as fun as driving it.
I think I paid ~$950 for the wheels and $1300 for tires and installation. I'm sorry I failed to mentioned these are like the hoosiers but grippier - too bad you can get them these days. They are 275/35R15 Racing DOT tires, not regular Goodyears.

Btw I also got a set of Hoosier R7s for the Lambo not too much more expensive than the miata, I think it was $1500.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bet you can get $800 or $900 for it! :phillyb:
If you add up everything (and there are more stuff that I'm forgetting) I have spent around $50K so I would like to get $18-20K for everything but I kind of doubt it would be possible without parting it out.

Also I forgot:

($2K) 3.63 Torsen rear end built with new gears and new seals (parts only were $1200) and then assembled and set by one of the best places in town.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'd take your clutch, transmission and diff tomorrow if you were parting out.

I'd take the motor too but at that point I should just buy your car, which anybody would be lucky to own as is. Even buying the car just to part it out would most definitely be worth any buyer's time. I don't blame you at all for wanting 18-20 and it's impossible to put a value on the time, energy and emotion spent.

What axles and hubs are on the Miata? What ECU?

Congrats on the Lamborghini- amazing upgrade!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 62 Posts