ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
I could live comfortably for years on how much that Lambo cost.

****, I could live for probably a year just on the cost of that windshield replacement.

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
I could live comfortably for years on how much that Lambo cost.

****, I could live for probably a year just on the cost of that windshield replacement.
haha I was thinking about that too... the cost of the windshield is my 8 months salary which is kinda sad

but more power to you if you can afford it!

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
why not humble? I'm not a 15 year old who got this car with his mom's money. I work hard and earn my own money. I'm probably twice your age and single which means I can do anything I want with my money. It's one life and you should live it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
meh, I like your Miata better. Lambo's have always been too fat and gaudy for my tastes.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just cracked the windshield of the Gallardo, called the dealer and they need $6,033.56 for replacement!
Lol probably I can sell my FM stroker to fund the new windshield
No clue about California, but here in Florida, if your windshield cracks the law says your insurance has to pay have it changed for you. Might want to see if California has something similar available.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Very cool but the cost of the windshield is the "proof in the pudding" that these are really "lifestyle" cars and unless you make at least a six figure salary(of course this may be higher depending on the cost of living in your area) then I would be surprised if you kept it more than a year's time. I love high end cars but I would have to be stupid rich to EVER entertain the idea of buying one because the initial purchase price, which now days the prices on used high end cars are pretty reasonable in comparison to original sticker price, isn't the real cost but it's the insurance and maintenance that is going to "eat you out of house and home".

I could list AT LEAST a few dozen cars I would rather buy than a Lamborghini Gallardo and probably buy half a dozen of said cars for the same money, granted none of the cars will snap necks like the Lambo :suicide:. I too like your Miata more but I am a gear head and truly believe in the whole "built not bought" motto but if you like the car that is all that matters and I congratulate you on working hard, as you say you have, and earning the money to afford something like this. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would buy a gallardo in a heartbeat if i had the money. Who cares if you had to sleep in it and eat ramen noodles for the rest of your life to afford driving it, it's a fucking Lambo! OP, congrats on the new car, it makes me happy to see people fulfill their dreams, especially car dreams!

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
meh, I like your Miata better. Lambo's have always been too fat and gaudy for my tastes.
You would actually be surprised! The Gallardo is tiny, barely a foot longer than the NA miata that I have! I personally love the small size of the car which makes it a very usable canyon weapon and also easy to drive in city streets.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice Chris!
So the question is, Is your Miata faster than the Lambo??
According to his specs in his signature and the Wikipedia page on Gallardos, they have remarkably similar power to weight ratios (~6.25lbs/hp). I'd guess the Gallardo puts the power down better and in a more usable matter than a turbo Miata, though.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I too like your Miata more but I am a gear head and truly believe in the whole "built not bought" motto
Yeah, because he built the Miata from scratch, even dug for and refined the iron ore... he certainly didn't buy any of the parts he put on it either, you know...just cast and machined all the metal and wove all the carbon... You buy the car and everything on it, unless you stole it. Just busting your balls lol, I hate that cliche "built not bought" all these kids slap on their bucket mobile:phillyb:.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts