ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Very cool but the cost of the windshield is the "proof in the pudding" that these are really "lifestyle" cars and unless you make at least a six figure salary(of course this may be higher depending on the cost of living in your area) then.... Snip:
This made me smile. One could spend like that if they made entry six figures AND lived with Mom and Dad with no wife or kids. Or had house, wife, kids, retirement, college savings, and are into the second rung of six figures. But six by itself no.

That's a cool purchase. I've always wondered how splashing purchase like that in Ramenville would fly and now I know, and without dropping the coin to do it. That's cool the OP has track tires lined up and is going to use it and not just primp and pose. I love it when things are used well.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Working on cars has taught me that nothing is easy and my last experience with the Lambo was another proof of that. After using the car as my daly driver for quite sometime I realized that the oil pressure sensor has started to fail. Easy and cheap fix said the people in Lambo forums and I expedited an oil pressure sender for $250. All excited I tried to change the sensor but to my surprise the the factory had used some kind of thread lock and it was almost impossible to remove! So after Saturday’s autocross event

I decided to try when the engine was hot (and everything is expanded due to heat). This time was personal, so I found the right wrench and put full force… and then this happened!

After having a mini heart attack and been revived, I looked again and THANKFULLY this wasn’t part of the engine block but a separate plate. Just to know a friend of mine experienced the exact same thing and cracked the miata’s steel block that way!

So this weekend I spent all of my time taking the whole thing apart!

It’s interesting how similar is everything when you start working on cars. I spent most of my time working on miatas (and a little time working on my audi) and the same concept apply everywhere. This thing was actually a bit more nice and tidy from an engineering point of view with tubular subframe so there is more space than my miata’s engine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you do part it out, I'm keen on the traction control :icon_cheers:

Can't believe you broke the Lambo. A part of me would have died inside if I did that :p

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Yeah, because he built the Miata from scratch, even dug for and refined the iron ore... he certainly didn't buy any of the parts he put on it either, you know...just cast and machined all the metal and wove all the carbon... You buy the car and everything on it, unless you stole it. Just busting your balls lol, I hate that cliche "built not bought" all these kids slap on their bucket mobile:phillyb:.
When misapplied i would agree.

How many Lamborghinis are driven by people that repair them on their own? You are my hero.
This....

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
How many Lamborghinis are driven by people that repair them on their own? You are my hero.
So far the biggest differences between working on my Miata vs the Lambo are:
1) When you drop a bolt in the engine bay you can't pick it up from the floor. You need to go under the car, remove the flat bottom panels and pick up the bolt - not fun!
2) People at NAPA, Pepboys etc don't even carry windshield fluid for this car and they are looking at you like if you are joking
3) The associated forums don't have as many hands on people

I like enjoying my cars and I also like working on them. The Gallardo is an engineer's dream in that sense and it's really a pleasure to work on!

I also daily the car going to work every day, gym, grocery story, autocross events and parking it at my car port next to other more tame cars - to me that the beauty of owning a car to enjoy it every day!

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
I wasn't even there and I let out a few (progressively more intense and disheartened) "Oh ****!"s when I saw that picture.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
S1000RR. Must be fun to ride :D

Sooo......... Your car is the Lambo that was with Autokonexion?
The S1000RR is the cheapest among the three and at the same time extremely fast making the rest of the fleet feel like school buses. Quarter of a mile in 10.9s and 150 mph trap speed! The problem is that with all the police around here it's impossible to enjoy it. A couple of months back I was in a canyon road at night (highway one towards Lompoc) and I got pulled over for doing 107 mph in a 55 mph zone :suicide:

No, I never been at Mike's place driving the Lambo so it was probably another car!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pretty much why I stuck with my nsr. Can't get in too much trouble with only 65hp ;-) always thinking about upsizing at the back of my mind though. Any faults (reason I shouldn't upgrade) with the bmw other than guaranteed speeding tickets?

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Pretty much why I stuck with my nsr. Can't get in too much trouble with only 65hp ;-) always thinking about upsizing at the back of my mind though. Any faults (reason I shouldn't upgrade) with the bmw other than guaranteed speeding tickets?
What year NSR? Is it a racing replica? I love these things!

No real complains from the S1000RR, it's an amazing bike! The only things someone could comment is that it has the tendency of making my gear dirty too often

It also returns 22 mpg :smile9: which is kind of extremely low for a motorcycle (my yamaha was getting 45mpg) but still it's like 2,5 better than the Lambo which typically returns around 9.5 MPG :haiguyths:.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Daily driving a Lambo takes balls. Idk what I would have done if I broke that sensor off haha, I would have just stared for a few minutes probably

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Daily driving a Lambo takes balls. Idk what I would have done if I broke that sensor off haha, I would have just stared for a few minutes probably
Working hard, have goals and ethics in your life requires balls, daily driving a Lambo just needs flexibility (every time I'm getting in an out of that thing I feel fat) and money...

·
Registered
220 Posts
What year NSR? Is it a racing replica? I love these things!

It also returns 22 mpg :smile9: which is kind of extremely low for a motorcycle (my yamaha was getting 45mpg) but still it's like 2,5 better than the Lambo which typically returns around 9.5 MPG :haiguyths:.
MC28 1993. Has all the good things like the 030 derestricting card, hrc parts and the rs250 usd forks

Need an update on the lambo : 3gears:

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
MC28 1993. Has all the good things like the 030 derestricting card, hrc parts and the rs250 usd forks

Need an update on the lambo : 3gears:
So here is a 3 year update on the Lambo:
The car is super reliable and fun but as usual I like to tinker with the things that I own so here is what I have done so far:
- Converted the car from AWD to RWD - that way it put more power down and its a bit more pure
- I swap the transmission for one with shorter gears / if you feel that the miata 6 speed is expensive try ebay to see the prices of these things (it will make you cry). That was a pretty labor intensive job to the point that I took half of the car apart
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KTVnDQUYPmMJ8HgWA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/73Q1M4XuB2GDaCpc7

- I swapped the front/rear bumper and tail lights for the more aggressive LP570 style - a great update in my book
https://photos.app.goo.gl/op8fe8xyhoSTRgcY8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sbUUDY3UB72envAVA

About a year ago I also bought a 911 GT3 (an all time favorite for me) so know I have 5 vehicles (including the bike) and 4 of them are only 2 seaters...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RkSa6EYJr83gPNjW6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tw6cHPnA5URxJmxy9

...and as is the case with these things as soon as I finished everything I lost my job... so I'll now need to prostitute for money and eat top ramen on daily basis!

PS I never got the balls to even list my miata for sale - I probably put less than 500 miles over the last 3 years!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/z5PZD1bFjQ4WJFu76

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Damn... that really sucks about the job, I suspect (hope) there is another opportunity for you. My bro in law rented me a Gallardo convertible for about 4 days when I got married. It. Was. Awesome. To own one became a life goal of mine. I salute you - you're not scared to dig into a Lambo...

·
Mufasa in Training
32,313 Posts
At first I was:

Then when I saw the part about you losing your job, I was:

41 - 60 of 62 Posts