ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its finally time for me to make a "build" I guess. I got the Miata bug years ago and never got around to getting one. My girlfriends step dad even had two of them. Long story short I was living at home for my last semester of college and as an early graduation present I got myself this beast for $800 in October.

Soon after I bought the car, my jetta died and I borrowed my dads jeep and bummed rides off my girlfriend after I found out the miata wouldn't pass inspection as is.

I so bought these parts (rokkors, rb sways + links, new shift boots etc)

and some D-sport 5 wheels and sr48 lugs from rev9.

And ended up with this.

and before the coils:

I had planned on finishing the paint and body work but going to school full time 2 hours away, working full time and having no car didn't leave me with too much free time. So hopefully it'll get a finished this spring/ summer.

I have a gv lip waiting to go on and current plans are to cut the fiberglass fenders since I cant roll them, lower the coils a tad (but still a functional ride height), get an alignment, get a couple things that were missing from it when I got it and drive the hell out of it. I put 115 miles on it today (my first day with it legal):phillyb:

Hoping to take some non-gopro pictures soon

-Andy

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Nice find! I kinda like the fenders. I think you could pull them off with a little more aggressive aero to compliment them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
morr, I didn't like them at first, but they're growing on me. In the long run I thought about trying to get a rear over fender and lower offsets to fill it. I've also been following the chaser aero body kit dilemma on roadsterdrift
(http://www.roadsterdrift.com/forums...ser-aero-new-aero-kit-broup-buy/page__st__180)
And just wanted to let you know I LOVE your car. Seriously one of my favorites. Glad to know not everyone on here is stupid low. At this point I've been wanting to paint it silver, still not sure about a color though.

I also forgot to mention the car came with the fenders and most of the bondo and body work. I quickly bonded a hole in the rocker to pass inspection. gonna figure some sort of side skirt eventually

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Thanks, man! I still have a bit of trouble getting into parking lots and gas stations even at my current height haha. I'm really diggin your wheels too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts