ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone ever do angel eye mod for the NB? i wanna see how it looks like.. if not i will have to be the test subject :roll: i think it would look great along with the black painted headlights.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/653021/9[/url][/u]

i know clear corners has them.. but im looking for alternative pics.. specifically on a red miata :mrgreen:

hopefully if everything works out ill have a red angel eye with a nice shade of blue HIDs

·
Registered
517 Posts
Every home installed angel eye mod has looked horrible IMO. Unevenly lit, crooked, completely home made looking.

Im playing around with some LEDs and my Hellas (projector low/reflector high). I'll post back when I have some results.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Okay here is putting a single 3v blue LED (this is a bit obious isnt it?) in front of a Hella 90mm low beam projector type module. When you get the LED positioned just right it reflects off the reflector inside and back out the lens, it looks a bit like a cats eye at night. Only downside is that you need to put an LED infront of the projector, but I think you could put it in the dark cut off region to not alter the module output.

15 feet:

5 feet:

To the side:

To the top:

Lights on!:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hrm... i was trying to think of a nice clean way yo apply it using the window rod method.. the only idea that i have is to drill a hole in the black area and have it going through there with reflective tape.. that way itll look nice and neat.

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/511478/5

I made the angel eyes with the blind rods. The light output sucked. I eventually removed them, as the slits in the back got dirty, and it was just not as cool as I thought it would be. Anways, not saying they dont look good, but make sure to pick out really really bright LEDs and make your slits even, and they should look neat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts