ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a late start to a build thread. Psh. A Build thread. More like bolt **** on and run out of money thread.

I started with a clean 2002 emerald mica. Clean, fun, boring.

At this stage in the cars development, I had just put it on illuminas and FM springs, and I had just painted the headlight interiors, taken off the chrome rectangle badges and was thoroughly pleased with the mediocrity. For about 5 seconds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soon enough, my male organs got to tingling and I opened my wallet.

A few cans of wheel paint, some hard dog ****, and one chaser hardtop later, and I had this.:whistle:

I also took out the soft top.Despite my love for convertibles, I hate soft tops. Nasty, rotting, fleshy things.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking pretty decent, right? nah. I got some ground controls and gave the car a little bit of attitude adjustment. Its not low like some of you, but I like it alot better. Also FM swaybar in the front. handling good enough for a street car.

Shortly after these pictures were taken, I repainted the front bumper and trunklid and deleted the flying Ms. I also put in some hard dog door bars and a harness bar. the car was suddenly one stiff mother.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here we are today. Ive got an OEM hardtop that I will be painting soon. Im not sure what Im gonna do next, but the car perches on some Konig flatouts now, with 205 yokohama S.drives filling the spaces.

Im pretty happy, but who knows how long that will last?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,199 Posts
Don't sweat it. Even though these are mass-produced cars, every car is a little different.

Yours looks great. Super jealous that you still have your OEM cloth seats. Mine had 99-00 seats when I bought it :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got sick of the bezels on the headlights too. They went when I replaced with a set of ebay ricer lights. Hey, they look clean, and Im not interested in the halos or the LEDs, so I didnt hook them up. Just wanted an internally simpler looking housing and fresh lenses, for which it was a decent choice. light output is just fine.

hardtop paint. much better.

Coming soon, but not that soon: just an msm hotside and the fun stuff to make it work. Exhaust is a full 2.5 from enthuza, and FM for the mazdaspeed.

The intercooler is gonna be TDR style, but bigger than most folks use. Ive built the coaming for goin over the radiator and a coldside intake for scooting around in the meantime.

my intercooler choice:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothin special today. Just took some pictures before a joyride and liked the look of the car in them.

soon a momo prototipo will join the few additions to the interior. Im saving my money in large part for the turbocharging though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What size are your tires? and is the car lowered? I like the stance of the car. I have a 2002 Miata SE and I want it to have the same stance as yours. :)

Paul G.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts