ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visted Anniversary Racing Factory a few weeks back, they are about 30mins from the Yokohama area.

Among other things they had this there:

NA with their itb setup, with nos thrown in for fun and full titanium header;

They also sell the itbs for turbo cars:

cool little shop ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Those are OER ITBs, the same kit that Jimmy sells through Fuji Racing. Minus the NOS and plenum.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Awesome! I'm so happy to read about another Miata nut travelling to Japan and sharing some dope insider photos and stories. I wish I could be there tagging along for the ride. Ti header and ITB + nitrous is so damn sexy. The ITB + nitrous has always appealed to me. Direct port would be mandatory. All the glorious noise and sharp throttle response and control for the technical twisties and a push to pass button for the highways. Perfect.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
A friend of mine runs a piece window screen to keep large vermin and the like from getting into his Volvo motor. I talked to a guy who claims he had a Sprite with single DCOE carb and no air filters that ran fine for years in Daytona Beach, FL. I've seen lots of FD3S and JZ80 with single turbos and no air filters run on the street although they really were more suited to drag racing. Almost every road race car I've ever seen runs w/o filters. ITBs sound better and often perform better w/o any air filtering.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I have seen these in most of the 4thro cars I have seen.

$75 from eddie....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm running Pipercross sock type filters and I haven't notice any drop in power or noise with them over when I was just running with window screen.

·
Registered
499 Posts
those are the same itb's jimmy @ Fuji Racing sells. very nice product.

·
Banned
437 Posts
I visted Anniversary Racing Factory a few weeks back, they are about 30mins from the Yokohama area.

Among other things they had this there:

NA with their itb setup, with nos thrown in for fun and full titanium header;

They also sell the itbs for turbo cars:

cool little shop ;)
Damn! Nice! I missed that shop when I was in Tokyo Dec. '05... #-o

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes. He's a forum sponsor. His username is 4 Throttle Tuning. When you buy stuff from him remember to thank him for being a sponsor of Club Roadster. If you're thinking about ITBs and don't want to spend a lot of money his setup is the best deal going. Ask him for a ride in his car at the next autocross and you'll be convinced that ITBs can be very competitive given the right conditions and when tuned and driven properly.

·
4,436 Posts
I am guilty - I run filters on mine daily and take em off for pics. The performance does suffer and you loose some of that killer sound.

I recall having a conversation with Sr. Aizawa and he said to run without them - like it was no big deal. I am still undecided. Maybe there is a way to include some mesh in the trumpet design. I also ran ITG filter socks and almost killed the engine (not enough airflow due to the design of the runners).

I still wonder about what are the chances that something will get in a runner and kill your engine.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
You could get some carb "hair-nets" I've seen them on ebay every now and again for like $30 a set. Lemme see if I can dig them up right quick...

No luck, i'll do a little more searching later. Another option is to take some fine steel mesh and put in between the velocity stack and the throttle assembly. That would work just as well as these hair nets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts