ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an outstanding order from Autokonexion and I am having a hard time getting in contact with anyone there. Anyone else have outstanding orders from them that they are waiting on? They have a rather larger chunk of my money, and are way overdue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: Anyone have outstanding orders from Autokonexion?

with SEMA approaching i would bet its safe to say they will ignore everything until after SEMA

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

I would wait it out. There have been a lot of cases where people get inpatient and request for a refund..and a week later their parts are built. If it hasn't been atleast 9 months - 1 year...then you haven't waited long enough.

·
Registered
220 Posts

I do. They've made my kit but then I decided I also wanted a Fastback which they've started making. I should expect it to be done next month (they told me they've finally gotten around to starting it).
Placed the order back in February but having it delayed has been handy in my case. I guess I'll let you know when they finish it

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I ordered my top 4/29 the problem isn't the wait the problem is they don't have a shop phone number, I cant find an address for their "new shop", they haven't responded to emails, and I haven't gotten anyone to return phone calls and I have left messages on a cell phone. I understand a SEMA rush I am but not to this point. I have 3 booths at SEMA 75 employees working the show and my company will be 3D printing a car at SEMA and I can still answer the phone. So I don't think its a good excuse to not answer the phone.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

i know they were working on a Lamborghini for SEMA, not sure if its a collab with another company or their own project, but its one of the reasons they turned me down for some work.

·
Registered
848 Posts

The consistent lack of communication is why I didn't order my flares through them.

No excuse for this kind of customer service - at all.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts

The consistent lack of communication is why I didn't order my flares through them.

No excuse for this kind of customer service - at all.
QFT...this is about all I ever hear about them, well that and fitment is not that great. I think they have some neat products but I think Carbon Miata has really taken the forefront for composite parts for Miata's which hopefully will inspire Autokonexion to "step up their game". Either way I hope you get a satisfactory resolution ASAP. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
4,979 Posts

Carbon Miata = Made in China

Autokonexion = Made in US

I think that explains the reason one is more readily made whilst the other takes forever to produce and cost more.

Though I do agree, communication is KEY.

·
Administrator
15,200 Posts

I wouldn't present Carbon Miata as a model of what Autokonexion should strive towards. The world doesn't need yet another company dealing almost exclusively in knockoff parts being produced by huge factories in China and being sold direct to forums at a huge markup. If you knew how much you could actually get those silicone hoses he was selling for, you'd be sick.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts

At least Marc's parts fit well, which is definitely not the norm for "knockoffs". Why begrudge the man producing parts in the country he resides in giving jobs to the local job market? Most "American" companies outsource to countries like China and such just to turn a huge profit.

·
Administrator
15,200 Posts

At least Marc's parts fit well, which is definitely not the norm for "knockoffs". Why begrudge the man producing parts in the country he resides in giving jobs to the local job market? Most "American" companies outsource to countries like China and such just to turn a huge profit.
He's not producing parts in his country or giving jobs to the local job market.

I'm afraid you're not understand what i'm saying. :lol:

Doesn't matter, wrong thread.

Autokonexion needs to get their **** together.

·
Registered
177 Posts

I ordered my top 4/29 the problem isn't the wait the problem is they don't have a shop phone number, I cant find an address for their "new shop", they haven't responded to emails, and I haven't gotten anyone to return phone calls and I have left messages on a cell phone. I understand a SEMA rush I am but not to this point. I have 3 booths at SEMA 75 employees working the show and my company will be 3D printing a car at SEMA and I can still answer the phone. So I don't think its a good excuse to not answer the phone.
why don't you just 3D print some flares then :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 152 Posts