ClubRoadster.net banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Re: Anyone have outstanding orders from Autokonexion?

That's racist.

It's "blackmail"
Ok good, happy I wasn't the only one that saw that one too. haha

Well anyways. This really sucks Nick, I too was thinking of purchasing a couple parts from them, and of course at this point, won't even consider it. Sad to think that a larger company like this does this kind of stuff, I can get it from the tiny "shops" that have bigcartel.com websites, but a more legitimate shop like this should have some sort of professional appearance. At least you did get 90% of what you ordered. Sorry to see that it was such a ridiculous issue though.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Re: Anyone have outstanding orders from Autokonexion?

Ok good, happy I wasn't the only one that saw that one too. haha

Well anyways. This really sucks Nick, I too was thinking of purchasing a couple parts from them, and of course at this point, won't even consider it. Sad to think that a larger company like this does this kind of stuff, I can get it from the tiny "shops" that have bigcartel.com websites, but a more legitimate shop like this should have some sort of professional appearance. At least you did get 90% of what you ordered. Sorry to see that it was such a ridiculous issue though.
Larger Company? I bet they don't even have 5 employees lol.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
249 Posts
I think he means large as in well known.
Thats def the case.

The only thing that bugs me out is that they dont have a phone number how the heck is that acceptable andi want to buy a full GT WB and fastback for my NA but now im a little worried......

How busy are these people it doesnt make sense to me

One thing i do understand though is the fact that Autokonexion is making hand made from scratch stuff and idk if any of have had the pleasure of tinkering with a lamboghini but from body piece to body piece between lambos being all hand made bodies as well nothing ever matchs and can be a little off paitence boys

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't post much but thought I'd put my experience in here too because it was by far my worst experience with any vendor or seller.

I ordered gt fenders and rr over fenders and I still regret to this day giving this business my money. I usually like to help smaller shops out but one thing I always expect is good customer service and clear and up to date communication. AK is about as worse as it gets. Even after somehow getting a hold of the owners (it took a ton of effort), they didn't even know anything about my order as they were on vacation but my order had been placed months ago. Basically I'm assuming other more high priority projects were important to them, instead Of us from CR.

Panels came in all compressed together in a half ass 2 halved stapled box, warped to **** obviously. Chips in gel coat but thank god no cracks. Shittiest fitment I have ever seen in my life for what they're charging. Almost all edges do not run parallel with any mating body area for the over fenders. Gt front fender mating gap to door is pretty terrible too. I know it won't be perfect because frp but disappointed quality was this shitty.

Don't assume made in USA is always king. I regret not going with carbon miata products for this buy and will never give another cent to AK.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Shittiest fitment I have ever seen in my life for what they're charging. Almost all edges do not run parallel with any mating body area for the over fenders. Gt front fender mating gap to door is pretty terrible too. I know it won't be perfect because frp but disappointed quality was this shitty.

Don't assume made in USA is always king. I regret not going with carbon miata products for this buy and will never give another cent to AK.
This was my experience as well. AK's standard line is "fiberglass always needs work". There was not much I could do anyways, since they are so far away and I can't return the parts even if they would take them back. Every single panel was a nightmare to put on and still won't fit without being cut up and rebuilt (which I simply can't handle), not to mention the fenders are so thin you can see the brush strokes in the gel coat. Which was cracked. Even with my low standards for FRP, I was disappointed.

I haven't been on this forum in a while and I was surprised to see their forum active, since they'd gone silent even before I did.

This thread confirms a trend that I thought was maybe just bad luck on my part.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Unfortunately I would have to say the same about my rear GT over fenders I had ordered from them. The one was warped so much due to how it was packaged that it was 6-7" off my rear fender and you would have to install it under immense pressure in order to make it fit. Disappointing on the complete lack of customer service.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Wierd. They are sometimes hard to get hold of, and usually have tremendous wait times, but I've never had any problem with fitment. My V1.5 trunk fits great for aftermarket. I only tried on the front half of my NB widebody (front bumper, fenders, and sideskirts) and it fit perfectly as well with no body shop modification necessary.

Check out how tight the gaps are between panels. Just as small as oem, I'd say.

·
Administrator
15,183 Posts
I have a set of the bigger flares on my 93. Required a ridiculous amount of trimming to fit worth a damn.

·
Supporting Member
135 Posts
I think it is time for us to speak, the last time I did I was bashed left and right and called drama queen some even said personal things that has nothing to do with the topic so we choose to keep quiet and hope that a day like this would come. I hope that I don't experience this again so please keep in mind that you have daughters, wife, mothers and sisters that would not want to experience that so please refrain from insults, I am apologizing, explaining and not arguing.

I admit I cannot satisfy everyone's expectations but we always try our best and accept our faults. I understand about packaging and we do have problems because FEDEX and UPS charge ridiculous price that my customer pays I keep the box smaller so that we don't get charge 2x and be able to sell more products, but unfortunately it becomes a problem as mentioned here. If you pay $200+ for shipping fewer people will be able to buy and chain reaction happens.

I understand and apologize to this people for experiencing the worst customer service from us, I hope I can hire more people to address this issue but in the meantime we will try our best to answer each and every email the fastest we can. We hope that if more people wants to come forward please email us so we can take care of you, publicly humiliating us will not solve the problem, I may not be able to answer at the time you like but we will.

Fitment is another issue, some people knows the work involve and know what to expect and tag us on Instagram how they like the outcome, some people are new to install and some are experts. We test fit everything that comes out of our shop for the past 3 years to prevent the problem, we take pictures and provide the customer should we received emails from them. Unfortunately we do not like answering them publicly so again, it is better if you email us and tell us, show us the problem so we can help you.

I would like to tell everyone that we can't compete with the overseas companies, so telling us they are better than us is 100% TRUE in terms of service and processing. 1 day pay to our workers is equivalent to 1 week of their working hours so they can afford to hire more people, Materials is definitely more than 50% cheaper than USA and IF THEY PRICE THEIR PRODUCTS MORE than I price my products, they can definitely provide Better Service and processing and give you the best quality they can more than afford.

But, I just like to add :phillyb: they can't compete with AK innovativeness and design ideas, that my friend is the only advantage we have from everyone overseas, you have the best after market bodykit designer there is who is VERY passionate about Miata above all the cars he worked in his life. (sorry if I am not humble on this topic)

WHAT WE DO NOW and how it is affecting us.

The past months we are focusing on improving fitment, quality, processing and shipping, using only USA made materials and hiring more US workers, in order for us to survive we are slowly changing prices to accomodate this important needs. We've been opposing price change for 10 years because we know the market and what they can afford. Our mark- up is always has been 20-25% that's why few dealers like us because we don't price $600 on a fender flare.

But, changing prices means few people can afford and will buy from us which is happening right now, more companies COPYING our products and selling them cheaper, and other companies making same style products we sell. All of this is contributing to a slowly demise of our Miata side of business. Next thing you know Autokonexion Miata is permanently shut down, because we simply can't afford the challenges we face in the community.

Again, to all our buyers specially Nick Ricci who opened this topic, I am very sorry that it comes to this, I wish I can afford everything that you ask of me and that I can give you more but someday I will. You met us and we maybe super slow but we never run from our obligations and face them everytime even in person. I remember each and everyone who do not like AK, specially the operators here I hope someday we can be of better service to you. To those that always say positive things we know each one of you specially Brad who never ask anything in return and other customers/friends who are able to share their positive factual experience about us we are indebted to you and forever grateful for supporting this small company. We appreciate every little thing you say about us and pictures you share and tag #autokonexion, we get excited everytime. - Carmela

·
Administrator
15,183 Posts
This would have been way nicer to read if it was timely and didn't come after a request by you to have this thread removed from the forums.

That said, it's still a step in the right direction and i do sincerely hope you can regain the trust of the community.

·
It's a medical thing.
565 Posts
But, changing prices means few people can afford and will buy from us which is happening right now, more companies COPYING our products and selling them cheaper, and other companies making same style products we sell.
What specific products are being copied, and by whom? Also, how do you explain the lack of communication that has been seen in both the experiences by your customers, and the lack of your response in this very thread?

·
Registered
753 Posts
What specific products are being copied, and by whom? Also, how do you explain the lack of communication that has been seen in both the experiences by your customers, and the lack of your response in this very thread?
Autokonexion is drinking with Corky these days

·
Registered
848 Posts
Blah blah blah we are sorry blah blah blah but we innovate! blah blah blah small business problems blah blah we love miatas blah blah blah we are trying to improve blah blah blah.

translation :

Nothing will change, nothing has changed, and they don't care.

How many paragraphs and excuses need to be made to cover the fact you should take the -small- amount of time to respond to your customers?

I am so sick of the feel-so-sorry-for-us cause our products are being copied bullcrap. What a load of absolute B.S.

I work at a shop. We do fab, restoration, and repair. We have 10 employees and no fewer than 35+ cars in the shop at a time. Nearly all are long term, involved projects that often involve 3rd party vendors and services. Guess what? We have 2 people to talk to the customers - and everyone gets status updates. Some of our customers call daily. All calls get returned and answered. Why? Because we - like millions of other small businesses - care.

There is NO excuse that is valid for not returning calls and e-mails to your paying customers. It has nothing to do with staffing, payroll, copying, etc. Has everything to do with you guys don't care. You take the money and hope the customer will wait, and wait, and wait. You know you are doing them wrong, and you don't want to hear their complaints. You hide behind your excuses hoping they don't cancel, or actually get a hold of you. No wonder you don't have the "reviews" section on your facebook enabled....it is probably a full time position deleting all the comments from angry customers....

I seen Nick's hardtop. If that had been sent to me I would have been on my way to Cali to set it on your doorstop and light it on fire. Deplorable. Especially for what you guys charged him. Something like that would have NEVER left the shop I work at, let along be given to a customer after the debacle you guys put him through. I would be ashamed if that was my product.

That being said, if anyone can sort it out it is Nick - and I hope he does - and I hope he tells everyone who asks about it the truth.

It isn't hard to have good customer service - big company or not. The way you guys delay, fail to deliver, ill-fitting parts, and then your hollow pre-canned apologies illustrate why you are NOT an asset to the miata community you supposedly love.

I was going to apologize for my harshness, but I think I don't have to. I have worked for tiny businesses nearly all my life - and they all managed to deliver customer service regardless of workload, financials, and even disaster.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Lol - I have just dealt with enough companies like this over the years. They all have the same exact load of excuses

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
^Agreed.

Carmela, FWIW I decided to order my fender flares thru a different company based mostly on customer service feedback. Despite your wanting to discuss issues "behind closed doors" you guys need to realize that people publicly air their grievances in this day and age, especially after a lack of communication that we've seen here. Customer service goes a long way and can be a make or break for a company. To me, it's everything. The fact that multiple people have had similar experiences is inexcusable. It takes two minutes tops to at least make a quick call or send an email to update your customer. The fact that you guys were updating social media sites and what not while a paying customer received no response is again inexcusable. From an honest (no-longer) potential customer, I hope you realize that stuff like this goes a long way.

Honestly, put yourself in the customer's shoes. How would you feel? I think the OP actually handled this situation VERY well for the time/money invested.

I also look forward to you elaborating on the companies that are copying your products.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts