ClubRoadster.net banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
It's a medical thing.
565 Posts
So Carmela, you see there are a number of people who think poorly of AK. What are you going to do to fix it, besides ask moderators to delete this thread?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Drop their sponsorship and really show they care... :suicide: .......I hope they get it together and make a come back because healthy market competition is good.

·
Administrator
15,250 Posts
Their sponsorship was dropped well before Carmela came back to this thread.

They did inquire about renewing, but only under the condition that this thread be deleted. A bit disingenuous, if you ask me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I haven't checked this in a while. I'm glad the truth is out on this one. However I'm sorry so many people had to deal with this crap. My car still looks like **** but I have a DD now so one day I will take on the mountain of work needed to turn that pile of a hardtop into a gem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
As someone who operates a 1 person business, I understand some of what AK faces. At the end of the day, a business has to charge enough to keep the doors open but they can't charge a premium price without premium service and premium quality.

When I bought my first Miata 5 years ago, AK was working at making some new products such as the front lip. I don't think they ever followed through with it. Next up was the new NA rear flares which have been 3+ years in the making. I don't think those are available yet. Ak had one of the nicest trunk lids on the market and then they ditched it for a funky squared off version. There were tons of teaser pics but very little in the way of completed products.

But AK had time to produce a Smart car body kit. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Geez Im out of the Miata community for a while and this happens lol. Ill bring this thread back from the dead only because I stand by Mike and Autokonexion. He was integral in many ways for my past Miatas which, as some of you older members on here know, garnered a lot of attention. I was able to be innovative in my designs because of working with Mike who hands down, is the most original, genuine and talented guy I have met while working on these cars since 02. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place with this business. I know him well and sometimes, you bite off more than you can chew and then life happens as well.

I say give them a chance. Despite a 5 page thread with some admittedly serious issues, they mean well and work with what they can. I know the shipping is a pain in the nuts for them to deal with as I have been on the receiving end of it plenty. I havent talked to Mike or Carmella in almost a year so its not like I have been put up to this. I just stumbled across this thread now as I was wondering where they were on this forum. I understand why now.

Its hard to restart from a negative situation or series situations. Competition is tough sometimes when youre not a millionaire in this business like say, Nakai of RWB. Mikes passion is/was with a cheap car; Miatas. If youre on the fence about ordering from them anymore, please, give them another try. He poured his soul into this business and unfortunately sometimes, your passion cant match the demands for it lol.

Ill be doing business with them again in the future and you know what, Ill plan it out accordingly knowing the wait times. Everyone takes a said when it comes to stuff like this. Just human and business nature. I just hate to see Mikey go out like this.

Edit: Ive had their name above my profile pic for years because I wanted to put it there, not because I was asked. Itll stay up there for many years to come as well lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately, that top is just a dream now, 3 years ago I ordered one and the journey still isn't over 3 years later. Take a look at their website or email and I'm sure you'll know all you need to know. 404 and email is over quota. Sorry for all those out there that won't ever get their stuff either. I have made other posts at other forums to help prevent people from getting sucked in anymore.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Unfortunately, that top is just a dream now, 3 years ago I ordered one and the journey still isn't over 3 years later. Take a look at their website or email and I'm sure you'll know all you need to know. 404 and email is over quota. Sorry for all those out there that won't ever get their stuff either. I have made other posts at other forums to help prevent people from getting sucked in anymore.

·
Administrator
15,250 Posts
No, i'll allow it. Good warning to the community to not bother trying to deal with these guys.

I wasn't aware that their site had died.

·
Administrator
15,250 Posts
Complete with the horrendous fitment issues, in my personal anecdote(s). (One with each company.)

Hater's hardtop is an atrociously terrible piece of crap.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts