ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the car on saturday, and it rained sunday. after it rained i went to check for any water on the interior, and it was all dry. today it rained very very hard, and i went to check for any leaks just to be sure. there was about 2 inches of water on the floor mat. everything under the dash and the rest of the carpet is dry, besides under the dead pedal. are there any common places that leak around there? the seals on the window and where the soft top seats appear to be good, with no gaps. could this just be a fluke thing? im a noob to miatas, if you couldnt tell already

the shirts and weights are just to soak the the water. the wetness on the door jam is because i took the picture while it was still sprinkling outside

·
Cr.net is addicting
2,081 Posts
Was the rear deck wet , if you lift up the carpet on the corner next to the seat there a place for water to run down to the outside .

·
Supporting Member
579 Posts
I believe all you need to do is to look near the jack points under your car, there will be holes you can stick a small screw driver in to clear up whatever is clogging the drain holes.

You might also want to see if the softtop drain holes are also clogged, they are near where your seat belt attaches near the headrest on your seat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Rain Rails?

·
Cr.net is addicting
2,081 Posts
That looks like the plug under the seat so it would only let the floor board drain if you had water on it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
They're probably full of flaky rust and dirt, maybe undercoating too. They were really small unless enlarged as per the TSB, so I had a hard time locating mine as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts