ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1992 Na Miata in January. Wanted to build a race only car with it (Spec Miata) but realized it was beyond my budget for now. So I am making a track day car with it. I got the car from my oldest daughter who had it about 14 years but it hadn't been driven or moved in the last 5 years. So drained the old gas, changed the fuel filter, did some routine maintenance and got the car running. Had some Panasport rims that had Toyo RR's on them I had put on my wife's car years ago until she got a flat and drove until the tire was cut. Replaced the tires with Continental Extreme Force Contact tires. Have since added a new convertible top, Harddog Roll bar, Sparco Sprint L seats, Jegs 6 point harnesses, removeable steering wheel and a Garmin Catalyst to help improve my driving skills. Motor is stock but going to pull it to reseal, get rid of the oil leaks, change the timing belt and water pump. Also added new Bilstein coilovers with Eibach springs and lowered the car about 2 inches. Hope to run my first track day in May
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Sequence Number 1280
NA8 Pitcrew
3,059 Posts
If you’re pulling the motor, go ahead and order a nice clutch/flywheel combo. I highly recommend upgrading to a lighter flywheel, heck, any brand. I had the flyin Miata happy meal setup and it was great. I had a custom setup with ACT clutch mated to Fidanza Flywheel and I loved it more because it was lighter and the engine would spin quicker. If you have boost plans, go for a flywheel about 12lbs.

depending on power goals, you may want to even switch to a 1.6 clutch/flywheel to save weight and have even quicker revs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts