ClubRoadster.net banner

Another Newbie to the site

1K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  VagaXt 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Alex and I have a 1993 Miata with Nissan SR20DET motor swap. Here are some of the mods:
-SR20DET Redtop engine swap done by Evolution Motor Sports in Sacremento, Ca.
-Exedy Stage 2 clutch
-Nismo Flywheel
-HKS cone air filter
-SPL tuned ECU
-Greddy type S bov circulated
-Flex lite fan
-Custom intercooler and pipings
-Custom Radiator
-Custom Down pipe
-Tokico shocks and strut
-Vicous LSD
-1999 Black cloth seats
-more stuff which I might not remember to list
Soon to be install:
-Wilwood big brake kit
-Gold Sportmax 16x8 0 offset

See less See more
#5 ·
I need answers wher did you get that swap done and how much am i looking at spending?
It was done at a shop called Evolution Motor Sport in Sacramento, CA. I think they went out of business. My friend that I brough the car from had the swap done because he wants to drift it. Not sure how much he spend of the top of my head but I do have all the receipts.

#12 ·
can you actually drive the car hard w/o problems? damn nice car!
I can drive the car hard but I don't do it often. Still got some more work to do before I can track it. I need coilovers and install the brake kit. At least I have viscous LSD now and I can corner smoothly. When I brought the car, my friend frekin welded the diff so he can drift it. So it corners very shitty and because of that, it was mainly a drag car.

#15 ·
Read a thing over on M.net, guy in FL spent around $8-10k and had XAT Motorsports in Tampa do the swap for him, IIRC he had a lot more done though :-k

Nice looking ride man! Sleeper for sure!

#18 ·
I need answers wher did you get that swap done and how much am i looking at spending?
It was done at a shop called Evolution Motor Sport in Sacramento, CA. I think they went out of business. My friend that I brough the car from had the swap done because he wants to drift it. Not sure how much he spend of the top of my head but I do have all the receipts.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM......IM SPEECHLESS :) IF ANYONE WANTS A SR20DET MOTOR/TRANNY/ECU CHECK OUT VENUS AUTO PARTS IN SACRAMENTO
That's where I got the motor from man.
Out of curiousity from the previous posts, if you bought the motor then you had it built?

#20 ·
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM......IM SPEECHLESS :) IF ANYONE WANTS A SR20DET MOTOR/TRANNY/ECU CHECK OUT VENUS AUTO PARTS IN SACRAMENTO
That's where I got the motor from man.
Out of curiousity from the previous posts, if you bought the motor then you had it built?
No, the motor is stock SR20DET which came turbo charge from factory. The key is to get a motor with auto tranny donor car which hopefully is not abused like motor with manual tranny. People tend to drift and over rev on these motor.

#21 ·
I think I might of seen that car for sale on craigslist a while back? Nice car anyhow!
Yeah, my friend posted the car for sale a while back. He just disappointed because he can't really drift it. At the time, I just came back from Iraq. Anyway, knowing that he put a lot of money into the car, I just can't resist helping him out. :wink:

#24 ·
No, the motor is stock SR20DET which came turbo charge from factory. The key is to get a motor with auto tranny donor car which hopefully is not abused like motor with manual tranny. People tend to drift and over rev on these motor.
didn't the auto cars some slightly detuned, though? or was the difference only between the K's and the Q's models

#25 ·
[epic said:
@ Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:23 pm]
didn't the auto cars some slightly detuned, though? or was the difference only between the K's and the Q's models
The engine is tuned the same weather if its auto or manual. I believed the K's are turbo and the Q's are NA SR20DE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.