ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Miata for about a year and a half now. Just came across this site and thought I'd say hello. I've got a 94 base model, black with black interior. This is a list of my current modifications.

-Front OEM air dam
-10" Vinyl stripes
-16x7 White finish Motegi MR7 wheels
-Tein Basic coilovers
-Jackson Racing solid front swaybar(no rear)
-Racing Beat swaybar brace kit
-Corbeau Forza racing seat
-Frenzy Classic Style Bar Black
-Custom HID 4500k front turn signal to headlamp conversion
-Mazda Protege CD player install
-Vodoo shift knob
-14 degree timing bump
-Custom cowl induction intake and K&N panel filter

I started autox this year and got hooked in a hurry. I plan on purchasing exhaust and Falken RT615's before the next season. I am honestly more of a lurker than anything. But I look forward to interacting with you guys on this site.

Scott

·
OG Member
583 Posts
Welcome! How do you like your headlight conversion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! How do you like your headlight conversion?
Thanks. I at first just did the Keith Tanner 9006 halogen conversion. It was okay but didn't really light up the road. I decided to use actual HID's from a wrecked Infiniti. I just put them in the factory modified turn signals housings. It lights up the road much better but the light is dispersed in every which direction since the reflectors are not designed as a headlamp. I haven't ever been high beam flashed from an oncoming driver. I would love it if a company would make a replacement turn signal housing that held a 50mm projector. Then you could have the best of both worlds. Great, not obtrusive, intown, well focused headlamps. Then, only when needed, flip up the ol' barn doors for some good usable dark country road lights.

Scott

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
you could pick up a pair of those euro clear front signal lights on ebay, those lenses would work much better for headlight duty I would think.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
boogie van how do you like those euro turn signals??, also how hard was it to put those yellow vinyls on ur lenses??

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
boogie van how do you like those euro turn signals??, also how hard was it to put those yellow vinyls on ur lenses??
theyre workin good for me, oem fitament, fraction of the price, and it was the look I was goin for. the yellow lamin-x is easy to install, use soapy water and put on the lamin-x, use a credit card to squeeze out all the bubbles, installs just like window tint but easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts