ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
I'm a little teapot
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When in the course of Roadster Life, it becomes necessary for people to consider with grave mind the safety of themselves and their passengers, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the insurmountable and equal station to which the Laws of Physics and of Life's Chances thrust upon them them, a decent respect for the dangers of our hobby that they should declare the causes which impel them to advocate for safety equipment.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Rollbars are NOT created equal, that they are endowed by their builders with certain physical properties, that among these are Support, Bracing, and the protection of the Head. That to secure these properties, Rollbars should be installed on all who value their noggin, seeking the safety of both the driver and passenger, That whenever any Form of Style Bar does not fulfill these properties, it is the obligation of the driver to replace or to abolish it, and to install a REAL Rollbar, laying its foundation on the frame and supporting parts of the vehicle itself...
(Yes I just rewrote part of the Declaration of Independence)

As such, we the members of The Anti-Style Bar Empire push for the removal of such mousetrap devices, no matter how uncommon the occurrence.

It is our responsibility, nay, our duty to ensure that we put the safety of ourselves and those that ride shotgun at the pinnacle of our driving experience and these so-called Style Bars are not compatible with such a goal.

We also want to tweak a certain other forum's nose. *cough*

Given the Declaration above. We would invite all of our brothers and sisters in the Club Roadster to join with us in this cause and support the remove of such rice from our beloved roadster.

For those of you that wish to join us in such, please place the following in your Sig
The Anti-Style Bar Empire - Saving Lives since 2010
As per a suggestion from stormin'normin here is why having one is important for the track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMmjaaSQP08
Granted we don't drive like this on the street but keep in mind that streets and even our occasional drive through the mountains are often of worse quality and conditions than tracks. Wet/Ice/Sand/Dirt anything could cause a spin out and if you can't save it, you're going to want the protection.

revlimiter is also helping cobble together our rules:
The first rule of Anti-Style Bar Empire: Do not speak out against the Anti-Style Bar Empire.
The second rule of Anti-Style Bar Empire: Thou shalt install SFI Foam padding on thy rollbar, even if it covers your stickers!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ya know. I freakin hate style bars. I think they ruin the look of the car aside from the fact that they provide not only no protection but an added safety hazard in a roll-over accident. If idiots like them, let them keep them, but we need to do something about the douchebags that sell these things calling them a rollbar.

·
I'm a little teapot
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ace is good enough for SCCA Solo I :
http://www.bethania-garage.com/guide.htm
Sig'd!
ACE: I approve of it. Even though it sits a little low, it does actually attach at the frame. It should support the weight of the car as well as the Hard Bar, if not better.
Given the input of the membership so far, the Harddog ACE has been approved as an acceptable Rollbar.
And thank you for sigging us Rev!

Ya know. I freakin hate style bars. I think they ruin the look of the car aside from the fact that they provide not only no protection but an added safety hazard in a roll-over accident. If idiots like them, let them keep them, but we need to do something about the douchebags that sell these things calling them a rollbar.
I dig this thread.
Then Join Us Brothers! Place the link in your sigs and help to spread the news. We will no longer tolerate this crap!

·
Supporting Member
726 Posts
Mouse traps for all !!!! wait a min................. :fp:

I think the sound of steel scraping down asphalt will be more soothing than the sound of your skull being ground down to a pulp on asphalt .

Oh and I support this message

A1 for President ! :slayer:

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Wait style bars don't do anything for safety??

I bought my HDHC just for looks........lol

1 - 20 of 500 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.