ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang, well just like the subject reads, i'm looking for a good looking fuel door replacement, but i don't like the obvious ones readily available now, like the brainstorm one and the other chrome OEM type one.

are there any really nice and interesting looking fuel doors available, maybe something from japan, or anywhere else.

also, going along with this subject, give me your ideas as to what might look good as a fuel door conversion. if i can't find something i like, i'll just make something.

alex

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
If you are still gonna do what you told me, then i would go with something more beeefy, and considering you are the king of Custom NA round these parts, why not fab something like Monster Miata in Cali used to do? Then ou can make some money to afford your addiction!

PhatMiata

·
3,857 Posts
If you mean the M2-1001 version, That one already sold for $860 USD
People are crazy :shock:
imagine that my gf is telling me that I SPENT too much for my miata...
and I was satisfied with just a $130 Mazda chrome fuel lid :roll:

·
CR.net Supporter
350 Posts
Took mine off and got it chromed it looks really cooool :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, sorry to bring back an old thread, but i need some more suggestions from you all.

i don't really like the "sport bike" style fuel lid, so that not an option.

i really like the JDM runabout fuel lid, but for starters, it isn't available any more and finding one is going to be a crazy mission. the styel of it is nice, but it is also somewhat retro for my style, so i'm not even sure i'd buy one if i found it.

here is what in need from you guys. give me some suggestions as to what you guys think might look good as a nice custom fuel lid. i want to take my inspiration from the runabout unit, but i don't want it looking retro.

any suggestions?

thanks
alex

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your gonna kick me for saying this, but i actually thought about doing something like that, then i regained my sanity, lol.

i really just want to make something that looks modern but evokes retro aspects. i know its just a fuel door and its a small space, but i think something nice can be made, i just haven't come up with a design yet.

help guys, give me some feedback.

thanks
alex

·
Registered
101 Posts
^ modern but retro.... those two words don't go together though.. =P

i would just go w/ carbon fiber if you can't find one you are interested in.

but then again, I am a CF freak.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Carbon fiber really isn't my thing and i don't think it would go with the way my personal car looks. i need something cool and flashy, but nice and the say time.

modern and retro can go together, just look at the new mustang, camaro, challenger. they are all modern, but with retro styling. thats what i meant. i mean, you look at the upcoming new camaro and it looks crazy and modern, but you can see all the retro influence throughout the car.

thanks
alex

·
Registered
5 Posts
just an idea, use a motorcycle fuel door but paint it to match except for the bolts?.... it would look kinda like the classic race fuel door but a little sleeker. again i'm new here and its just an idea but i figured i'd mention it lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Why not give us a few examples of what styles you do like?

Do you want the cap cover flush with the body?
Like the OEM, a motorbike style etc.

Or more "classic" like this Aston style locking cap?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts