ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Although they may so so, stay away from zsport! Just because some one owned a turbo miata at one point in their life doesn't mean you are an expert. I wouldn't trust them with a car that hasn't moved in twenty years. And depending on the tuning you're looking for Im friends with a few spec miata guys and a dude who does v6 swaps and so on. They've helped me get my car to run like a top.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly just looking for a good overall shop who are good at tuning forced induction and ecu management stuff. Location doesn't really matter but preferably in the Seattle area. Specialbrownies will your friends do work on my car I'll pay if the work is as good as you say.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
You don't want SM guys tuning a forced induction car, period.

AFAIK, myself and Cueball1 are capable MS tuners, and can guide you through any of your tuning questions, assuming (hopefully) you're using a MS.

In your area, Jeff_Ciesielski and Wayne_Curr have both built and megasquirted turbo miatas along with some other vehicles, jeff quite a few turbo'd miatas, and would love to get a little cash for driving around in your car.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Maxwell power I believe has a really good rep.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah I know a guy with a subie who had his WRX up at maxwell power, but that's way up north. I think he's running 330 at the wheels after the tune, BUT I could be wrong on that number

besides that, if you do go megasquirt, there are plenty of online resources and of course miataturbo.net where you can read up on tuning your own car. it's really not that hard to get started, just a bit harder to get it perfect. Plus if you bring your car to a tuner and he/she has to start from scratch tuning your car, you'll be spending a pretty penny. learning how to use a megasquirt using tunerstudio is actually pretty fun once you get it all installed and the car at least running

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Very good point above. I've raced mine on my very first MS tune (albeit with help from mt.net) and it's survived numerous street miles and two (3?) track days so far. Pay for that on the dyno and your wallet will be raped. By the time you learn enough to start it and drive it to the dyno though, you'll probably feel confident in yourself to get that far anyways.

·
Registered
531 Posts
the only good shop i would go to in oregon for tuning is either AR for your typical EMS systems, or FTW tuning down in salem for all your open source goodness.

ive been daily driving and tinkering with my MS for almost a year and a half and although i am STILL N/A. I have confidence in my tune, by the way my car drives...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
158 Posts
In Portland, there's Portland Speed Industries. They do a LOT of tuning. My cousin had a crappy tuner tune his turbo tC and he rode on it for awhile. Then he took it to PSI and it was worlds better than before. They take video of the pull and put it on their website. You can see all of the cars they've had on their dyno

http://tunedbypsi.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts