ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of fender flares wating for me to install from one of the groupbuys here. I still have to find a set of low offset wheels. I might just go with the SportMax 002 for now. I'm really hoping to sell my JRSC and go turbo. Nothing major for me. Just trying to get by another winter without driving my car. Any major projects during the long winter months out there?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
No winter projects on the Miata. It's hibernating until April. But I will continue to work on fixing up some Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprites (just got the motor installed in one, waiting for the 5-speed conversion kit to be finished for the other one). I'll also be sorting out my new car and determining what that needs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm replacing my water pump and timing belt

not really a project, buts its winter... and it needs to be done

·
Registered
141 Posts
i just installed my fender flares they look great with my sport maxs. but i was wondering how the axis knock offs will look heard they have a decent lip. other than that maybe looking for a hard top cause the rain is going to come down on us any day now. ill post up pics of the falres with sport max so u have an idea before u go buying.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Finished step one of my winter project today: Got my HDHCHT bolted down. Just need to finish the custom seat brackets, drill for lapbelt mountings and substrap mountings, mount the second seat, and get my 6ULs on the car. :)

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Got lots of big projects (Miata, Atom) in the works, but for now the expansion of Garage Woolery has to be finished first.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
I wish my winter project were to get my car back on the road but I don't think it'll happen. I need a little body work and then all new paint, at which point I can throw on some flares and my GV tails, Minnam bumper and Star Sharks.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Miata:
Rebuild motor
Cusco 1.5 way LSD
New CV joints
Brake pads
Swapped Kenwood from Protege

Slowtege:
New headunit
Finish stereo install
Paint valve cover / start wire wrap

That should take me into the summer time. :)

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just installed my fender flares they look great with my sport maxs. but i was wondering how the axis knock offs will look heard they have a decent lip. other than that maybe looking for a hard top cause the rain is going to come down on us any day now. ill post up pics of the falres with sport max so u have an idea before u go buying.
Thanks! Please do. I like the Sport Max 002's for the price, but I think I would have to paint the center section gold. Did you do the install yourself? The rear fenders look to be a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Miata:
-Mainly sourcing parts. 2 99/00 exhaust cams,
-Maybe some 99+ lifters/shims
-Megasquirt is going to wait a few months, I need the Neon done first.

Neon:
Neon is the winter project this year.
-Finish pop-out windows.
-build 2.0 liter stock engine.
-Remove 2.4 liter turbo engine from brother's Neon.
-Replace his engine with fresh 2.0 liter, mated to fresh clutch and my transmission.
-swap dashboards.
-Take his fuel system, find a junkyard gastank for his car.
-Remove T3/T4 hybrid and mexican Stratus turbo manifold from his engine; replace with SRT manifold.
-Purchase/install crankscapers.com windage tray.
-Remove front subframe, install 2.4l engine mated to SRT4 trans and clutch into my car.
-Notch front subframe where needed to fit SRT4 trans in my firstgen car.
-Install and tune megasquirt.
-Plumb and adapt his intercooler piping to fit my turbo/car.
-Relocate battery ahead of front wheel in innerfender/bumper area.
-Brake ducts

I'm sure there's more. Scarily, that's the 'short list' as it were.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts