ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you ride a motorcyle(s)? Im looking at buying one soon. Im mostly interested in older japanese bikes such as 70s-early 80s hondas, yamahas, suzukis, and kawasakis. I would love to get an old triumph but i dont think I could afford that and there aren't many around here. Anyway...if there are any riders here do you have any tips for me as I look to buy a bike?

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I love those standard bikes too!! I've scanned some photos out of my Clubman & Big Bike magazines.

I stopped riding motorcycles about 5-6 years back.... but I still have my Kawasaki Zephyr 550 in the garage. I keep telling myself that someday I'll build it up in that style....

·
Registered
239 Posts
i've been riding for about 2 years, and have yet to get my endorsment, lol! i don't have a bike currently, but i used to have an '82 yamaha seca 550. it was such a sweet bike; i wish i'd never sold it. oh well. i've ridden things from an '05 ninja 600rr to a honda goldwing 1200. my next project is going to be a 70's japanese bike, and i'll probably get a ducati monster just for fun.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been riding for a little while now and also have yet to get my official liscense 8)

I learned on a 1300cc Kawasaki Cruiser lol, then I hopped on a CBR F3 and I was hooked. I'm def. a fan of the lighter sport bikes. I'll be riding my roomates R6 when he gets it.

I would love to own one but I just don't think it'd be a good idea for me right now. btwn insurance and the risk and all.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a '72 CB450 that needs some minor restoration. It sat in a basement for 20 years and only has 1009.9 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I *lover* me a ZRex, especially in the green.

I kind of like the 1100s better than the 1200s, but they're both awesome. Reminds me of the old Kenny Roberts RZ350.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sold my BMW F650 to buy the Miata. Pocketed 800 dollars.

Was sad to see it go but I only have time for one toy. And it's much more comfortable to ride the Miata to work in Vegas -- in other words no helmet required and I always wore full protection on the bike. Plus, I am a music whore. Can't play music on the bike.

Miata = I drive 4-5 days a week
BMW = I rode 2 days a week. sometimes only 1.

Miata 4 the w1n.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i was learning on a suzuki sv650 but im about to pick up a ducati monster

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another rider here. Love the old superbikes. KZ's, GS Suzukis. I've had a 78 GS750, 82 GS750, GS1100, and a GS1150.
If I could only find a 81 Katana 750.
My current ride is a 86 Yamaha FJ1200. My last FJ was sold after putting 143K mi. on it

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Haha, sorry to bring this one back from the dead. Avid motorcyclist, I should be, I work @ a dealership! I currently own: 2003 Honda TRX650FA Rincon, 2004 Honda TRX450R (the money pit), an '82 Yamaha Seca II turbo (not running, project in a couple of years), and now a CRF150R (new harescrambles racer) I have owned many, many bikes, my Supermoto was the closest thing I had to being able to ride on the streets, legally. My parents, along with our secretary refuse to let me get a streetbike since they and I know I'd be in the obituaries the following week. Any of you guys thinking of getting/owning an older bike, make sure it runs first! A lot of parts are now discontinued and it will save you headaches in the future. Don't get me wrong, I still like some of the bikes that are older than me because of the simplicity, but nowadays, everything is more advanced and technologically superior! Spend the money and avoid the hassles if you plan on buying a bike. Less down time means more fun time!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts