ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure that white painted metal cant be any worse than the black plastic interior that I have now and a far bit better than the black aluminum shift knob that I have

and since when did looking good have anything to to with functional around here :mrgreen: #-o

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Those are Niiice looking. My door panels are horked anyhow, I think I need to make with the experimenting.

As for how to hold them on, those plastic christmas-tree fasteners are probably perfect. You'll have a few finished black plastic attachment points, but they're cheap to replace, and they don't look bad if you get the right ones.

I bet the alumininum is lighter than those cardboard/foam/vinyl things anyhow. Hrm.

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
Looks awesome, except for the pop rivet fasteners. That could turn into a real pain in the ass if you had window regulator problems.

They are sheet metal screws and caps not pop rivits. You have to read all the posts in the threads to find that out

·
4,436 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
I was looking at

http://www.metromotorsports.com/productdetail.asp?PprodID=59

and thought that it would look hot in crystal white to match my exterior and my center console.

Any one tried to make one, have one, or seen one in person?
Is it just me or these panels look totally ghetto?
I love Lenny's car in everything else and I know that these are expensive stuff, but I wouldn't install these to my car even if they were for free :mrgreen:
I hate the view of the screws and the food can appearance ...

Abs would look better, Vinyl would look 100 times better and suede would look 150 times better ...IMHO :roll:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
See, I see those and in my head I say "Oh look, a half inch more knee width!"

I'd rock a set in gloss black, with black plastic christmas tree hold-downs instead of the screws, etc.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Is it just me or these panels look totally ghetto?
I love Lenny's car in everything else and I know that these are expensive stuff, but I wouldn't install these to my car even if they were for free :mrgreen:
I hate the view of the screws and the food can appearance ...

Abs would look better, Vinyl would look 100 times better and suede would look 150 times better ...IMHO :roll:
Agreed.
Suede = pimpness
Vinyl = pimpness on a budget

I'm down with vinyl...hahahaha

·
CR.net Supporter
332 Posts
Looks awesome, except for the pop rivet fasteners. That could turn into a real pain in the ass if you had window regulator problems.
Not quite - read the posting for more info.
Put foot in my mouth, but why would I read the post, it's got pictures and I don't need no freeeeking instructions :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts