ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
oops didnt read that part, some go over the rusmans house and try on his wheels and take pics:mrgreen:

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
I think Peter CE28N is the only one running a staggered diameter setup. He's running 14"s in the front and 15"s in the rear.

·
Supporting Member
33 Posts
I bought a set of 16x8 Sportmax for my NA. Also bought a set of betrayed`s flares. :)
As you see on the picture, they are almost impossible to fit without the flares.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a set of 16x8 Sportmax for my NA. Also bought a set of betrayed`s flares. :)
As you see on the picture, they are almost impossible to fit without the flares.
205/50/15 is the same wheel diameter as 205/45/16

I want to order sportmax's also and im also debating 16 or 15in

So as soon someone as a pic on the na that would be great

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i sure the couple pounds or so difference in wheel weights is not gonna kill me. I'm not bolting on fat chrome dubs in the back and Volks up front. If it was such a big difference I'm sure the Lotus Elise and Vettes would not run staggered sizes. Or the Novitec Rosso Ferrari, or the Aston Martins, or the etc., etc....

·
Registered
31 Posts
note how all of those cars are FAR from being as underpowered as a miata.

annnnnd, if you really needed a staggered setup, 205's probably wouldn't be the tire you'd be getting as well.

don't get me wrong, it'll probably LOOK pretty cool, I'm only addressing the performance issue. I've got a set of the 15x8 sportmax's and imma run 205s and I know that a main reason for them going on my car is for looks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
15 front, 16 rear is not gonna make any difference or make your car slower, if you like it do it, the only thing is having low profile tires in the back and fat tires up front will make the car feel weird I think

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think i would run low pros all around and just give the car a slightly raked look. Can adjust with TEIN flexes. I already did this with 15" and 17" axis maglites. That did look funny as the tires weren't close enough in profile but I think 15 and 16 will look better. Who knows maybe just 16's all around. I'm in the wheel industry so I get bored, sorry. Just thinking out loud.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
If you're comparing the Lotus Elise's wheel fitment to a Miata's in terms of the staggered diameter, you're comparing apples to oranges.
The staggered setup is there for the sake of tire sizing. Lotus wanted a readily available list of tire options for fellow enthusiasts, and a 17" wheels what the best way to go so there wouldn't be too much sidewall or too little for the sake of both grip and ride quality (the latter of which I laugh at).

But yes, do what you want. It will make your car ever so marginally slower, but to be honest, you won't notice it unless you're an extremely consistent driver on the same track/road/strip and time it.
Rotational mass and inertia are important but um....these are street cars, not all out race cars (Matt of SCC, you don't count...lol)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts